• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone familiar with these rims?

I scoped out a set of rims/tires at a prominent local wheel shop. This is the wheel-tire combo we settled on...215/40Z17front 255/35Z18rear on 17x7 and 18x8 Enkei RPM2 rims. This combo looks great but before I throw down a lot of money, I'd like your opinions on fitment or experiences with these rims. Thanks

Search is your Friend, really!!!

Try here. Or just do a standard search for RPM2. HTH

You might want to consider going a little wider at both ends - actually stock 94+ are already 8.5" wide - you'd be better with a wider choice for the rear - 9" or even 10" will work nicely against an 8" front (which will still accommodate 215/40/17 tires). Don't forget however the offset is just as important as the actual width - you don't mention anything about that so be careful on that aspect.
More about wheel sizes here - http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/wheeltech.htm

You should try BBS RGR, it has better offset available for our car, and look as good or better than RPM2 in my opinion.

I love the look of RPM2, and actually ordered a set of these wheels, only to find out that it would not clear the front brake, trust me you want to avoid RPM2 17X8 fornt and 18X9 rear.

17X7 and 18X8 might work but again please avoid RPM2 17X8 or 18X9 combos, all the 17X8 font offset Enkei have available for RPM2 will not work well on NSX, +35mm offset on 17X8 front might clear the brake but it will give you a muscle car look you might also want to avoid.

Thanks! Seems I've dodged a bullet. And the guy at the store said the offsets were 55mm...who can you trust anymore!!!

Back