• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone familiar with this 1999 NSX VIN: JH4NA216XXT000015

Anyone in the DC/MD/VA area familiar with this 1999 blk/blk NSX?

VIN: JH4NA216XXT000015

AutoTrader Post:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...r_id=1151381&reset_crumbs=y&carId_search=true

Carfax shows the 4th owner was a MD resident...

Thanks for the help!

-Jason

I was not impressed with that car. Did not strike me as that well cared for and HG hasn't invested in a detailing (yet). Has aftermarket wheels (ROJA), intake and possibly exhaust (didn't sound stock to me).

Didn't look really abused or a repaired wreck just "not loved". Dave's (94 GSR)car is deinitely worth a look. Just hope I don't beat you to it.:biggrin:

i too was looking at that 99 black/black i called them last week and they said they would call back or email me with the list of mods and other information not one call or email so i called back and no one picked up, great company. :mad:

Quy

I too was seriously interested in the car so I consulted Brandonson to do a full test drive and inspection for me yesterday morning (1/4/2008), and here are his findings:

Body: Paintwork to front bumper cover, left and right side of car. Found tape marks and overspray on trailing edges of both door jambs. Driver headlight has a excessive gap on trailing edge where it meets hood. Driver side of front upper bumper cover has ecessive gap and poor fit where it meets lower half of bumper cover. One bolt is missing from the top of driver fender. Both front fender liners are damaged / loose from improper offset of aftermarket wheels. Found dirt in paint on driver intake scoop, front bumper cover and driver headlight cover. Deep scratches on driver door, driver mirror and passenger door. Fine scratches are present on entire vehicle (not just swirl marks). Front targa seal is dry rotted along windshield header, rear targa seal is torn along top corner near passenger b pillar where it meets roof. The original targa cover has been replaced with a aftermarket engine cover that does not have provisions for targa top storage. Switch for targa top was just lying under cover. All lights are operable however the center rear reflector is retaining water.

Wheels / Tires: Aftermarket wheels have damage to all lips but no signs of bends. Tires have about 75 % treadlife remaining.

Brakes: Repeated hard braking revealed a slight pulsation from warped front brake rotors. Calipers and rotors have some slight rust that indicated this car was not always garage kept. Pads are ok and there are no visible leaks in hydraulic system. Brake pedal pressure was good when braking.

Engine and transmission: Engine idles well and runs strong with good power. I did find a slight oil leak on oil pan and some seeping on the valve covers. All belts and hoses appeared to be in good condition with the exception of the front lower radiator hose which has a small crack and a slight leak only under pressure.
The clutch take up on the pedal was high so it will need a clutch VERY SOON. 1st gear grinds when cold when placing into 1st while stopped. Could be a a synchronizer problem or clutch related.

Suspension: No cracks were found in busings and nothing appears to bent. All shocks / struts were in good condition and the car felt very tight on the test drive.

Interior: overall it is in very good condition with minor driver left bolster wear and some cracking on the center arm rest leather. Ashtray was missing and car is equipped with a aftermarket shift knob.

Bottom-line comment is the car is rated 6 / 10, not worth the money, and would probable cost you more to fix up. I would not waste my time. Here are some pictures Brandonson took.

Just want to say a big thanks to Brandonson to go out of his way to inspect this car for me. I am from Toronto and it would be a big waste of a trip to come down and be disappointed. I also didn't trust many of the online inspection companies as I rather have expert inspecting the car. Big thank you to Brandonson.

Cheers,

J2D

Attachments

• owen nsx 2.jpg
    owen nsx 2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 248
  • owen nsx 5.jpg
    owen nsx 5.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 219
  • owen nsx 10.jpg
    owen nsx 10.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 251
  • owen nsx 11.jpg
    owen nsx 11.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 197
  • owen nsx 13.jpg
    owen nsx 13.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 254
Wow, Thanks to all for the replies, I'm glad I didnt waste my time there..

Who is this Brandonson guy? WOW, That guy is incredible, I wish I had him on my payroll, I never been able to get someone to inspect a car with that kind of detail.

Hey all,

I also looked at and drove this vehicle. What would be a realistic price for it given the work it needs?

Well, this baby has appeared again in the DC area. This time at Flemmings in Rockville. Wheels and calipers have been refinished and the engine bay has been cleaned up. They say the rotors and the weather stripping were done. Still has body issues, some new.

Hey all,

I also looked at and drove this vehicle. What would be a realistic price for it given the work it needs?

I saw this car, it had shifting issues and as Brandson noted terrible reconditioning after accident no records. If you need a transmission and timing belt service, it all starts to add up.

Back