• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone familiar with Woodbury Outlet mall north of NYC?

I've got a cruise leaving from Manhattan next month and we live about 8hrs north of NYC.

The wife wants to shop at the Woodbury Outlet mall before leaving. This could get expensive.

Is anyone here familiar with the general area? All I know is it's less than an hour north of NYC. I guess we'll need a hotel for one night, and perhaps a place to ditch out car for a week (not the NSX, so the hotel parking would be fine).

Normally we just use priceline for a little road trip like this, but if I have to leave my car there for a week it would be nice to know it's not going to be in a really bad neighborhood.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

its on 87 &17 ,harriman exit,yes its an hour out side of manhattan, you can shop at woodbury commons ,cross over tappan zee and stay at double trees (formally hilton inn) in tarrytown (first exit over bridge ,go straight at light ,your in their parking lot , take cab or bus to piers,if you dont want to leave car there bring it to my house(1/2 mile away ) it will be secure at either location (hotel was just renovated its very nice )

Do you know the exact day that you'll be stopping by Woodbury Commons? If you go on Black Friday (Nov 27), it could get pretty messy. The holidays are the worst time to go to Woodbury Commons. I went on Labor Day and it took me an hour to find a parking spot, but TWO HOURS to get out of the mall. Your best bet if it's near the holidays is to park across the street at the high school and walk to the mall. This is what employees and locals do.

Do you also need a place to park while you're on a cruise? The closer you are to Manhattan, the more expensive it gets. Send me a PM if you want some places to park.

-Brian.

EDIT: If you need a hotel, do a search for a hotel around Mahwah and Ramsey, NJ. The hotels in that area cater to corporate clients for nearby offices. There are a ton of new hotels that recently went up in Mahwah as well. It's about 15-20 minutes south of the Woodbury Commons mall. About 45 minutes to Manhattan.

Last edited:
if youre going black friday, i suggest going before midnight. i believe the stores open midnight

I'm about 15 min. outside Manhattan in Alpine. Come here and leave your car for a week in my driveway. We can send the wives off to Woodbury for shoes while we have cigars/scotch on my deck and talk cars and hockey. :biggrin:

"You afraid of dogs?"

Last edited:
We're going down the weekend of the 20th, so hopefully it won't be as insande as Black Friday...

Thanks for the advice & offers of help, I'll check out hotels in those areas.

(PS never talk offer to hockey with a rabid Canadian, the conversations go down hill fast!)

My girlfriend and I flew in from CA and its the one place she had to go. Let's just say I carried ALOT of bags around all day. I highly suggest tennis shoes and the black Amex. :eek:

My girlfriend and I flew in from CA and its the one place she had to go. Let's just say I carried ALOT of bags around all day. I highly suggest tennis shoes and the black Amex. :eek:
Lost Boi!!! Glad to see you're still around the NE!!!

Haha, the Lost Boi legacy lives on!!

Back