• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone fromm Greenwich, CT?

I just got an job offer from JPMorgan, but instead of their New York headquarter, it's at Greenwich, CT. Having never been to Greenwich, I don't know what kind of town it is and wheather doing investment banking in that setting is a worthwhile experience. Can any Greenwich residents describe their home a bit for me? Much appreciated!

Greenwich, CT is a very expensive/rich area in which a lot of professionals work either in NYC or the nearby areas.
There are a lot of I-banks, various other financial corps, and consulting companies in Greenwich as well as in Stamford.

I have several friends who work at i-banks in that area, and they have no complaints.

Which division of JPMorgan will you be working at?

Last edited:
Oh, there are a few NSX owners who work at i-banks in that area, so they will be able to provide you with much better perspective.

One of the recent issues of National Geographic did their "Zip Code USA" article on Greenwich and pretty much summed up what the main part of town is like. As Tiger pointed out, it is one of the wealthiest and most exclusive areas in the Northeast and it has seen an increase in the number of investment banking type firms open offices there. If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed.

Here is a link to the town website: http://www.greenwichct.org/Home/default.asp

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It definately sounds more attractive to me now. the offer was for a position in the Private Bank office. I'm doing mroe research on the town now.

Dont you mean JPmorgan/Chase .... :D

Worked at all three of there offices in Manhattan... things havent been the same since they merged with Chase. Well for me anyway...lol

Last edited:
I'm living/working in the area

I live in Rye Brook, right across the street from Greenwich, my office is in Purchase, 5 miles away, great area to work/live in, but expensive (as others have already mentioned) I also work for a "large IB/wirehouse" any questions, if I can be of help, just PM me

RSO 34 said:
One of the recent issues of National Geographic did their "Zip Code USA" article on Greenwich and pretty much summed up what the main part of town is like. As Tiger pointed out, it is one of the wealthiest and most exclusive areas in the Northeast and it has seen an increase in the number of investment banking type firms open offices there. If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed.

Here is a link to the town website: http://www.greenwichct.org/Home/default.asp

Sorry to hijack this thread :tongue:, but on the way back from the Bridgewater meet I stopped thru the Greenwich area to look at some exotics at the dealerships but got to see them out on the prowl :eek: I saw two 360 spiders on the same street and at least 2 Bentleys....so where is all this $ coming from :rolleyes: :confused:

Im a research analyst that travels to meet with money managers in Greenwich. It is one of my most favorite spots to visit. Id love to live there, but, well, very few of the managers I visit actually do. They communte FROM MANHATTAN because they cant afford to buy a nice house in Greenwich.

Image that, commuting from Manhattan because you cant afford Greenwich. I dont know how much nice homes cost there (from the outside they look beautiful), but they must be $5MM plus if these people cant afford them.

Back