• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone going to Barrett-Jackson this year?

For the past ten years I have watched the Barrett-Jackson car auction from Scottsdale AZ on Speedvision and have always thought it would be a great event to attend. So this year I am planning to attend for 2 days, Wednesday, January 17 and Thursday, January 18 to check out the scene. I fly back to Maui on Friday and plan to watch the high dollar cars sell on TV over the weekend.

So are any other NSXers planning to check out the auction? It is mostly muscle cars, hot rods, and classics. No NSXs but it looks like a car guys nirvana.

Tom Croly
91 silver
Maui Hawaii

Id love to go one of these years. We're registered for the phone bidding. My owners son went last year and bought a bunch of classic muscle cars. He's somewhat of a collector.

Rec'd the catalog for it several weeks ago. If you do end up going, make sure to attend the auction for Caroll Shelby's personal Cobra that will be up for sale. 427 with twin superchargers. Eeee Owww.

I believe the auction estimate for it is over 1 million.

Ponyboy said:
Rec'd the catalog for it several weeks ago. If you do end up going, make sure to attend the auction for Caroll Shelby's personal Cobra that will be up for sale. 427 with twin superchargers. Eeee Owww.

I believe the auction estimate for it is over 1 million.

its an automatic, 3 speed if I recall:frown:

I went there last year as it was easy since I live about 15 minutes away. I also got free tickets from a radio station promo. I was impressed with the fact that you can walk around the cars without any barriers at all. You can also stand right next to the stage when the auction is taking place with the cars driving by right in front of you. I could have walked onto the stage if I felt inclined since it seemed no one cares. Definitely a fun experience, but I doubt I would want to be there for more than an afternoon. There were some very interesting vehicles including a futuristic bus from back in the 60s (?) that went for some outrageous price.

This is exactly my interest. I have no bidding intentions, but just as a place to get up close to so many cool cars. It looks like a blast. I watched about 30 of the 40 hours of TV coverage last year and thought that most of the prices were insane. But it is still fun watching the bidding.

12AMNSX said:
I went there last year as it was easy since I live about 15 minutes away. I also got free tickets from a radio station promo. I was impressed with the fact that you can walk around the cars without any barriers at all. You can also stand right next to the stage when the auction is taking place with the cars driving by right in front of you. I could have walked onto the stage if I felt inclined since it seemed no one cares. Definitely a fun experience, but I doubt I would want to be there for more than an afternoon. There were some very interesting vehicles including a futuristic bus from back in the 60s (?) that went for some outrageous price.

Back