• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone going to VIR in March/April/May ??

I may go to a Ferrari Club event on Wed.March 14th. It's pricey at $ ~ 275/day but limited to only 30 or so cars.

Anyone know why Mazdadrivers doesn't have a March/April event at VIR this year?

I'm interested in heading to an event, but not a mid-week one... Keep us informed as to which events you're thinking of attending.........

I've been to two Ferrari of Washington events at Summit- had a blast both times. ..but VIR is much closer to my new home. about 4 hours closer.

..but I also have new Azenis for the track which were broken in at Summit.

yeah, but NASA only has THREE sessions per day, correct? And their fields are very crowded sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the Ferrari event is steep- maybe too steep for me- but didn't NASA just cut out 25% of your track time?? Haven't they always done 4 sessions/day in the past?

NASA Events

I'll be at the February 24-25 event with my SPEC E30 race car (sprint races only, not the Enduro). I believe that NASA HPDE are typically three sessions/day with 1 or two class sessions for the novice/intermediate. Once you get to the advanced run group I really like the ability to pass anywhere on track with a point by. BMW/PCA all seem to limit passing to designated straight sections. With a crowded field, this can cause a lot of backup. With anywhere passing, you don't get bogged down nearly as long.

keith

I'm signing up for the late March event. See you there.

I was there in each of the past two Decembers with Chin Motorsports and will be back in June for the Integra Type R Expo.

Chin has events there later this year on July 4-5, November 4-5, and December 8-9.

Ken- That's quite a trek from IL to VA- are you trying to beat MarkB's mileage total?

I just signed up for Tarheel SportsCar Club www.thssc.com for April 7-8 (or 8-9, I forget)for VIR's North Course.

...and I'll be back later in April spectating at the Rolex Series races.

Ken- That's quite a trek from IL to VA
Yes, it's 800 miles each way. But you don't know the half of it. I'm taking a slight ;) detour on the way there for this year's ITR Expo. (Which is why I'm flying, not driving.)

mdwoakdfwrdu.gif

I was at VIR in June with the Mazda Driver's group. I saw at least 3 NSX guys there. Anyone here?

You guys are so lucky! If I lived near VIR I'd be at every event I could afford and try to snrak into those I could:biggrin:

www.mazdadrivers.com will be back at VIR in 2008 June 14-15 (Grand course) and August 30-31( full course). I'll be there in June for sure. Start making plans now.....

www.mazdadrivers.com will be back at VIR in 2008 June 14-15 (Grand course) and August 30-31( full course). I'll be there in June for sure. Start making plans now.....

I don't know if I will do grand-east this year. I didn't particularly like that configuration.

Zone2 PCA is having their event in March which I might sign up for. They are usually relaxed and allow non porsche.

http://zone2.pca.org/drivered.htm

I would consider the Chin event in July and the Mazdadrivers in Aug also.

-ak

i'll be there for the formula sae race in mid april...the same week as the rolex cup series. we'll be driving on the patriot course, but small cars, small course.

VIR is close to 6 hours from me so I will only be out for 2 day events (weekends in my case) for the drive to be worth it. No such dates in March or April (I am refering to non-race weekends only). I will be at the May 31-June 1 member driving day weekend with my Formula Mazda (NSX is staying at home).

wow I haven't posted in forever.... I'm hoping i get back into the track scene soon... but this time I'm gonna do it right and get a truck/trailer.. I'm done with the whole putting stuff in the car tetris style...

My biggest drawback has been that I bought a house!!! (go figure the person who I have my mortgage through is the person who started the thread). :)

soon enough!!

cheers,x

X- yeah, you gotta get back out on the track!!

I will be at VIR (spectating) for the bike races and Rolex Series races on Sunday April 27.

There's a neat Alfa Club event mid-March at VIR-North. limited to 3.5 litres so we NSX's are allowed (no beginners, though). www.motorsportsreg.com
Alfa Club is sharing track with the vintage racers- some very famous cars from 50's 60's etc. I think I'll do this event. Anyone else interested??

Back