• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have a CTSC with ID1000s and AEM EMS 2?

I posted something similar to this before, and I'm attempting to contact a few people that may be able to help; I figured I'd give this one more shot before I have to pay twice, (getting a tuner to come to my house to tune it quickly before tuning it again). My local tuner here is non existent as of late. He's postponed my tune for over 8 weeks now, and I'm tired of seeing my car sleeping. Wondering if anyone has this set up that they wouldnt mind sharing their tune with me. I want to make it very clear that I am getting this tuned by a tuner here, I believe Chris Black is flying down to Hawaii, and I have a slot reserved. But, I don't want to tow my car there only to find out I didnt wire something up correctly, or there is some kind of boost/vac leak. I simply want a tune that will get my car started and idling, and drive 5 minutes away on a 35mph road. Tuners are few and far between in Hawaii, at least the ones I really trust with my car. I do have the base map from SOS but their map uses RC injectors, and I havent tweaked with a stand-alone since the haltek e6k.... I know. So if someone out there is comfortable enough to tweak the existing map or share theirs I'd be forever grateful. A quick overview of my setup that'd be related to the engine

1. Whipple High Boost Kit
2. Walbro 255
3. Comptech Intake
4. ID1000 Injectors
5. AEM EMS 2
6. Comptech Headers
7. APX Resonated Test Pipes
8. Pride V2 Exhaust
9. Dual Wide Band UEGOs
10. Dual EGTs

I think that is it.

I have recently completed the tune on my 1.7L Autorotor. As you know i'm running the HKS F-Con iS with the RDX injectors @ 57psi of static fuel rail pressure.

1st dyno tune attempt: We spent 3+hrs tuning for streetability. Car has never ran better on the street and feels like brand new (this is where a good tuner differentiates themselves to be honest). We started creeping slowly into WOT tuning. We noticed we needed to start adding more and more injector width... then finally noticed fuel pressure started to drop to 30-40psi and lower. Walbro 255 is crap in my opinion and I swapped it out.. talk about a PITA. Also noticed the spray nozzle I had is too big. Was cooling way too much and dumping too much water in the blower.

2nd dyno tune attempt: I swapped out to the big daddy OEM Denso "Supra" pump I picked up from Dali Racing. Rewired the system all the way to fuel pump (it was only rewired and relayed partially before). Fuel pressure holds between 57psi and 72~psi like a champ. We had to completely retune it because we needed to back down the injectors at this point. However, after doing all this work on the car I must have not tightened down the pulley as much (belt was slipping) and I think I have a boost leak somewhere. I'm basically maxing out at 5.5-6.5 of boost when i'd reach 7lbs easily before I did any of this work. I also swapped out to a smaller nozzle unfortunately this nozzle was too small. I need to pick up a nozzle size somewhere in between.

My point is... the RDX injector at 57psi is PLENTY for 7lbs of CTSC boost. We weren't close to maxing out the injectors but probably just optimal on average. Also, you never know what ugly gremlin is going creep up when you do your tune. I did not expect a boost leak at all. In my case I hope the 3rd time's a charm. Should be pretty close to dialing it in perfectly by then.

I must say... Fastraxturbo is a friggin talented mofo. He has an understanding of the combustion engine like Neo has of the Matrix.

Back