• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have a high-end gas range with grill?

I'm looking to buy a new range for the kitchen. I'm learning about DCS, Thermador, Wolf, and Bluestar. These ranges are available with a grill. Does anyone have one? Do they work well, or is grilling indoors a bad idea? I have a good grill not far outside that I use now all year, but it would be nice to so some smaller jobs indoors.

What I don't want is the kind of useless grill that is on my JennAir range. That whimpy thing can't even toast bread.

Thanks

Hi Mike,
I have an indoor kitchen 60" Wolf gas range with 6 burners, griddle, and grille.
I haven't used it yet, since it is still waiting to be installed by the contractor, but I can tell you that it works just like the outdoor professional grilles, because I've used them at a few other people's homes before purchasing this one.
You just need to make sure that you have a very good hood. Verify that the cfm rating matches or exceeds the size of the range that you want. The Vent-a-hood that I have uses 2 centrifugal blowers. It is very efficient, and eliminates the need for a filter. It is also relatively quiet.
Wolf is a proven manufacturer, as they used to only sell commercial ovens for restaurants. I understand that DCS has one of the highest btu ratings for each burner. You can't go wrong with Viking, Thermador, GE Monogram (I think DCS makes their ovens), or AGA.
We went with the Wolf because of its quality, history, and looks (the red knobs look great in the kitchen).
Let me know if you have further questions.

Take Care,
J.

Attachments

• Wolf_640.jpg
    Wolf_640.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 218
We have a six burner Viking with the two burner grille. The grille does work well but it is a PITA to clean. I cooked meat on it once and it probably took me half an hour to get all the grease off the various grates. It is really useful if you limit yourself to vegetables and things that won't drip down into the stove. Enjoy

Nate

Check out Prizer Painter stoves, They used to manufacture the residential stove for Garland now I think its Bluestar. They're in Reading Pa and you can buy one direct from the manufacturer ,at least I did.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to the Prizer-Painter factory on Saturday to test drive a Bluestar. I think i'm sold on this range. The engineer I spoke with said he will tlry to talk me out of the grill and to get a griddle instead. I think i'd get more use out of the griddle because indoor grilling produces so much smoke and grease. My favorite steak to grill is delmonico, and they are pretty fatty.

Mike, the factory is kind of a hole in the wall but dont let that disourage your purchase. I purchased a 36" with a griddle and haven't had any problems with it ,I also was considering Thermador or DCS but for $2900.00 (floor model) the Bluestar couldn't be beat.

Back