• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have satellite radio in their NSX?

I have a 98 Silverstone NSX T and would like to add satellite radio.
Thanks in Advance!
Randy Blake

I had XM radio professionally installed by a local company about 18 months ago and am very happy with it. They were able to hide all the wires and mounted the XM tuner section by the mirror so I could read it and hid the rest under the dash someplace. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a competent oufit to do it for you.

Good luck

I have XM radio installed via the Pioneer AVIC N2 which also gives me navigation and a feature called nav-traffic through XM radio. This feature re-routes your trip base on reported traffic. I really enjoy the XM radio.

I have XM installed through my carputer which then plays through the head unit (aftermarket with aux in). XM is installed in the Noble using the Terk XM commander. You can use an FM modulator so that you can use your stock head unit.

Tim

Be sure to consider Sirius as well as XM. If you can, get an account online and listen to both for a while. I like Sirius's programming much, much better.

But listen and decide for yourself...

Mojo raises an excellent point regarding Sirius vs XM. I like XM, but I have to tell you that they have added talkative DJ's and listener requests that are quite annoying. Doing a trial will give you an idea which service is right for you.

Also, I kept the stock head unit when I added the XM.

OhioSteve said:
...I kept the stock head unit when I added the XM.

Are you using the RF modulator for the XM? I can't stand the fuzziness from it and comparred to the OEM XM in my TL, it sounds like crap.

-TIA

Thanks everyone for their replies. I have already installed a kenwood head unit that supports Sirius satellite and connects directly to my Apple Ipod!!!
Love the unit but was told that the satellite function wouldn't work because f the car being all aluminum. Obviously you guys are the proof that it works so I will have the service turned on soon.
MOJO- You have the exact same car year and color I believe as mine.
The paint code on mine came up as Silverstone Met. when I recently had the front bumper redone from rock chips. but mine doesn't have the sc w/ 400 rwhp YET!!!!

Sirius here too! :biggrin: I listened to both XM and Sirius a lot before I actually decided on which one to go with and Sirius won my $$ hands down...maybe its just my taste in music and their layout but I think there is no comparison IMO. I have Alpine head units in my car and truck, both of which integrate directly with my Sirius radio and my Ipod..woohoo! :wink:

Hi,
I too was a former XM subscriber, and now I am a Sirius subscriber- and I'm staying! They both have similar programs, but like the above poster suggested, you should sample each before committing.
By the way, I also have the Pioneer AVIC-N2, but can't say that I would recommend it, especially if you decide to go with Sirius. I guess if you decide to get XM, it would be a good choice.
The new Eclipse Fujitsu Ten 5495 navi unit with hard drive is definitely something to consider if you want navi/DVD/mp3/Sirius/hard drive.
-Tom

Back