• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have SSR GT-3s on NSX?

SSR GT3

I'm pretty sure that you can only get the GT-3 in 18". That means you have to run 18" in the front. Not impossible but it has it's risks. From the discussions I've read on this post, running 18" wheels on the front of your NSX can pose problems with rim damage if you live in the US. The European guys seem to have better luck because their roads may be better quality. You should do a search and read all the threads for yourself.
I decided to go with the GT-1 so I could run 17" wheels on the front.

While I am still shoping around so didn't actually pick up a set yet, Mason at Tire Rack quoted me a price for the SSR GT3 in 18/19 combo. He also mentioined he just sold the same combo set to another NSX owner. This I assume means that you can indeed get 19" rims for the NSX. At least for the rear.

As for rim damage with 18" or larger, I mostly would use it for car shows, so that isn't a concern for me.

Also, if you are interested in the GT3, I really do suggest you give Mason at Tire Rack an email. He frequents this board as he is an NSX owner as well. So far his deal with SO3 tires was the best I've been able to price thus far.

Wheels

Lots of people with NSX's run 18"Front and 19" Rear Combos so I know they'll fit. Mason will know the offsets. Those GT3 wheels are going to look awesome. I actually prefer the GT3 over GT1 but I drive my NSX a lot and did'nt want to risk the wheel damage. I agree with you about Tire Rack. They're good people. That's where my local shop got my GT1's from. Post a picture when you get everything mounted up. It's going to look sweet.

I was also considering these wheels and I would love to see some pictures of some SSR GT3's on an nsx. I have a 92 that is lowered and I would like to know how the 18's would work in the front.

Thanks

Old thread, but bringing it back.
Anyone with these wheels either in 18/18 or 18/19 on their NSX, that they also have a big brake kit.

Also what offsets are you that have them running?
Would someone be able to tell me how much room is between the caliper and the rim?

I really want the rims, I have tried talking to people at tire rack, I have yet to get a response back.
I know the satin finish is still MIA, I will just settle for the silver.
Len

Len,

Here's a pic from the Berlina Black Picture Thread with 18/19 inch GT3s:

attachment.php

The user's name is xScape. It doesn't look like he has a BBK.

-Randy

Len: Aaron at Tire Rack said they would not fit a Brembo kit. He didn't know about other BBK's fitting though.

KGP, I know they wont fit some BBk's, I was wondering if someone had them on a car with the help of spacers.
I am also going with a smaller kit in size then the Brembo, just trying to see if someone has some measurements.
Find out what offsets they are using.

There are so few wheels that I like that will fit standard over the BBk's, I know the HRE's do, I know the Iforged do, The HRE's are overpriced, and I am not giving some one 3k or more for wheels and still have to wait for over a month to get them. (Maybe)
Sorry for the rant this is getting frustrating.

18" in front

Hi, i have a question for those that installed 18" wheels in the front, what size are they?? do you need modification?
the reason i'm asking is because i used to have 18's

Rims: 18"x8" 5 lugs 114.3 and 40 mm off-set
Tires: Front: 225/35 ZR-18

and they rub against the inner wheel well during turning and when i hit bumps the wheels will also scrape. is there something i can do about this??

That's interesting. Calculations, as provided by another forum member, show that with the sizes you mention, they would not rub. In fact, you should have 4mm clearance. Absolutely sure of all the sizes and offset? If so, I would be inclined to believe that either:
A. These tire manufactires sizes vary a bit from the norm.
B. The forumla is flawed.

Also, is your car lowered? I have had the same size on the front of my car and the only time it rubbed was very tight slow turns.
Never on bumps or at speeds.

The local Motorsports shop ordered these wheels for me today through tire rack. I got 18x10.5 Silver 43mm for the rear of a 95 and they did not clear the stock Calipers. These have TYPE F low disk application on the sticker. These are the sizes that Tire Rack has on their website.. They are checking on the fitment issue, It seems that It will need a 5-7mm spacer just to clear the stock brake calipers... The fronts are not here yet, they are 42mm offsets, I am now worried that they will not fit...
I will let you all know what comes of my setup later in the week.
These wheels seem to be hit or miss, How can that be?
If you truly have the stock brakes, wouldn't they all fit the same.
I notice that most of you guys are running 19's in the rear, maybe the wheel center is truly larger on the 19's and it is giving you that extra room.

Hmmmm!

It appears that the 97+ brake calipers allow more clearance than the 91-96 calipers dispite being larger. It has something to do with the placement and the fact that the 97+ caliper bracket is flatter or something. Anyway, my rear rims are a 19X10 with a +41 and TYPE F application and I have a good 4-5 mm to spare.

xScapes black NSX pictured above is using a 19X10.5 and I believe if you look back on other topics that discuss these particualr rims he had to use a spacer in the rear as well until he changed to the 97+ brake/caliper system.

On my White NSX pictured above everything fit perfect with no spacers but like mentioned above, I have a 10" wide rim. I bought mine from Tire Rack as well.

Also, I don't really think it is a hit or miss with these SSR GT3 rims. What I believe is happening is that many of us all have different sizes, widths, and offets. Also we are trying to put them over the 91-96 stock calipers and the 97+ calipers which would need different offsets and widths to fit properly. As for the front, in order to have them fit over my stock calipers with no modifications I had to settle for a 7.5" wide rim with a Type D disk. That means I had to give up the nice fat lip up front and I have about a 1/2" lip now.

Last edited:
ssr wheels

you can order the ssr rims in about any size you need the tire rack could not help me so i called this guy bob here is his email [email protected] he ordered the SSR gp-o decolte evolution the rims are alsome and the tire rack would not order them . when i put them on my car i will post some pic's.

Chris I am calling them a hit or miss, due to anyone with a 91-96 may just order from TR's website, If they happen to order the 18x10.5 in silver, it will not fit. There is a spacer that is needed for the rear wheel, that was not included. It is noted in the ordering system for the satin... I am sure they will adjust that...

You guys have the 19" fitment so the center disk must be a little larger, or longer, it is mostlikely a true 18" center (I am guessing)
so it is fitting...

I was just adding to the post for anyone that may be interested in getting these wheels. They can now make sure they ask the questions before they order them.

Additional note.. These wheels come with a centering ring attached to make them Hubcentric... They are really nice wheels.

Chris, My fronts came in today, They are like yours, No lip.

Last edited:
Re: ssr wheels

ken sampson said:
you can order the ssr rims in about any size you need the tire rack could not help me so i called this guy bob here is his email [email protected] he ordered the SSR gp-o decolte evolution the rims are alsome and the tire rack would not order them . when i put them on my car i will post some pic's.

Those are very nice Ken, How long of a wait was there to get those? Can you give a price comparison vs. the SSR GT3's.
What sizes and offsets did you order..
Thanks
Len

len3.8 said:
I was just adding to the post for anyone that may be interested in getting these wheels. They can now make sure they ask the questions before they order them.

Additional note.. These wheels come with a centering ring attached to make them Hubcentric... They are really nice wheels.

Good idea. I thought I had worked out all the fitment issues with Tire Rack when I bought mine, but I guess I never dealt with the 18" rear so we never talked about that one. Hopefully as more of us get these rims we can all give feeback to the vendors so the future buyers don't have to worry about fitment;)

Great looking car Chris, it just needs to be lowered to look amazing. Personally, I would always lower the perch of the car prior to getting new wheels, it just looks better IMHO...

Tebbnsxr said:
Great looking car Chris, it just needs to be lowered to look amazing. Personally, I would always lower the perch of the car prior to getting new wheels, it just looks better IMHO...

Thanks. Actually, I will be lowering the car. I have a complete shock/Eibach assembly ready to be installed. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

All, Got the rear wheels on whith the 5mm spacer and 285/35/18
The wheels fill out the fender well. If the tires weren't on the car the wheels would be flush... So the tire actually stick out about a 1/2 inch or so... I am worried that the tire may rub under loads during cornering... IMHO the 10.5 is just too wide for the car at 43mm.... Please save the stick with stock sizes suggestions...

Attachments

• smallwheel.jpg
    smallwheel.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 716
Back