• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone Have The New Clutch Master Dual Disc Clutch?

I was searching for clutches, and came across this clutch. I can't find much info about it. My next step is to contact the manufacturer directly. Does anybody have any experience with this please?

cmtwindisc.jpg

From NOPI:

Stage 8 - TD850 - Twin Disc - 8.5 - Aluminum Flywheel Included
Mfg# 08-035-B-TD, NOPI# 365+9711
Ultra High Performance Twin Disc Street or Race System - 300%-600% increase in holding capacity - Clutch Masters Twin Disc systems are pure racing technology that also works well in high performance street applications. They are designed to hold tremendous horsepower and torque ratings, while retaining a very smooth operation. By slightly increasing the clamping force of the pressure plate and adding to the square inches of usable disc area, CM Twin discs significantly increase clamping values with only a 25-50% increase in pedal pressure depending on the application. - The cover assembly is machined from billet aluminum with 25% more tensile strength than the competition’s cast unit. The flywheel is machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum to meet SFI spec 1.2 for competition in NHRA, NDRA, IDRC, IHRA, SCCA and NASA. Each aluminum flywheel includes a replaceable heat shield. Steel flywheels are also available on select applications. - The 850 series is a larger diameter assembly (8.50" Twin Disc), which is designed for high horsepower applications that require smooth engagement, quiet operation and high clamp load. - Available Stages:
“Full Street” (TD6) - 2 fibber tuff disc, one sprung and one rigid disc.
“Street and Race” (TD6.5) – 1 sprung ceramic disc, and 1 fiber tuff rigid disc
“Race” (TD7) – 1 ceramic sprung disc, and 1 ceramic rigid disc. - Clutch Masters Twin Disc features:
Components can be purchased separately for economical repair.
Positive release for ease of high RPM staging and shifting.
Most have experienced better 4/10's times and averaged hundreds of passes without complications or repair - All systems include:
Cover Assembly with attached Diaphragm
Pressure Plate Ring
Two Discs
One Mid Plate
Billet Aluminum Flywheel
Release Bearing
Pilot Bearing (when applicable)
Pressure Plate Bolts

With all the positive reviews of the SOS clutches, why wouldn't you go that route for the same amount of money or less? Just curious, maybe you know something I don't or just want to try a new clutch...too bad they are so damn expensive.

It appears as if this has only been on the market the past few months, and looks to have several advantages over existing clutches for the NSX.

It appears as if this has only been on the market the past few months, and looks to have several advantages over existing clutches for the NSX.

What, out of curiosity, always looking to educate myself. The SOS is my current preferred one if/when I have to get a clutch done, but always looking for options. Although this one isn't cheap

I would be comparing it to the RPS dual carbon, since they are similar price range.

Between these, the Clutch Master "looks" to have a lower moment of inertia based on clutch disc diameter. The Clutch Master has an aluminum flywheel, while most others use chromoly (both have their benefits and drawbacks).

What I'm mostly curious about though is the clamping force increase (pedal pressure increase over OEM dual disc), and the disc material. Clutch Master says they can use organic discs, ceramic discs, or a combination of the two - whatever the user wants.

Just hoping to get feedback if anyone's installed one, and what disc material they went with.

Thanks,

Dave

No, I ended up buying the RPS twin carbon. Hopefully it will be installed in my car in about 6 months and then I can do some reviews and long-term feedback on it.

Keeping my fingers crossed I won't have problems with the RPS. I'll admit, I took a chance on the RPS (SOS) carbon with the problems I've heard about it, but it beat being the guinea pig on this clutch IMO.

Dave

Back