• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone here a mortgage broker?

I would like to speak with a mortgage broker regarding using pledged securites for financing investment properties. Looking at multifamily, non-owner occupied, and out of state ownership.

Thanks in advance.

I would like to speak with a mortgage broker regarding using pledged securites for financing investment properties. Looking at multifamily, non-owner occupied, and out of state ownership.

Thanks in advance.

I just tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. Thornburg has a great pledged asset program. Feel free to emial me directly if you need some additonal information. [email protected]

Your PM box is full.

Pledged securities? Please elaborate.

Sorry. Eliminated lots of messages so PM box is available.

Pledged securities are used rather than a downpayment. For example if you purchase property for $100K, rather than putting down $20K for a downpayment, you pledge $40K in securities. You can't use an IRA or retirement programs. And to use the $40K you would probably have to have around $100K in non-retirement funds available.

That's how I purchased my last house, but now I want to do the same thing for non-resident, out-of-state investment property.

Back