• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone interested in doing an Ice Breaker cruise in?

Thinking mid March. Would have to be done in or around indy area so that it would be central to all of the Mid west region.

Just putting a feeler out there to see if there is any interest. :biggrin:

CL65, you need to try to understand that you have a problem. From having chats with you I came to realize that you find a way to relate everything to "track". I think it is time for an intervention.

CL65, you need to try to understand that you have a problem. From having chats with you I came to realize that you find a way to relate everything to "track". I think it is time for an intervention.

JUICE - check out his avatar :eek:

I would be in aslong as my 3rd shift works out and ends by then. I would love track i wanna get into it and having somone like cl65 to school me a bit i hope.. :smile: would work out very well plus love to see everyones cars.

Being as Putnam is only 4 hrs from us in Saint Louis, If this is going to be the location I may be able to round up a few of the boys for a road trip. I have been to Putnam a few times and other than the track there is not a lot out there, any ideas on something to do? Maybe meet there then head to Indy for dinner, stay the night, then everyone heads out on Sunday?

Dave

Being as Putnam is only 4 hrs from us in Saint Louis, If this is going to be the location I may be able to round up a few of the boys for a road trip. I have been to Putnam a few times and other than the track there is not a lot out there, any ideas on something to do? Maybe meet there then head to Indy for dinner, stay the night, then everyone heads out on Sunday?

Dave

Dave, let me know if this is happening. I need to do some upgrades on my car but I can get them done in a hurry if I need to. I've always wanted to run Putnam and I got cabin fever bad. Anyway, I'd appreciate a heads-up on this one.
Thanks,
Pat

That Putnam date gas been on my radar for a few months now. If this comes to fruition I would likely be down. Hey Dave, I would likely take you up on your offer to help get that harness bar back in!

Tim

If you guys are interested in doing the 1010ths track days at Putnam in April, let me know and maybe I can get a group discount from Bill. I have instructed at every one of his track days since he started so we have a pretty good re-pore.

If you have never tracked your NSX, you should! Is it hard on your car? No, not really - except tires and brake pads IF you do it alot. Ask Brian at Source1 if my car has been in for any mx (except more tires, and more tires and more tires). :smile:

Jim

If you guys are interested in doing the 1010ths track days at Putnam in April, let me know and maybe I can get a group discount from Bill. I have instructed at every one of his track days since he started so we have a pretty good re-pore.

If you have never tracked your NSX, you should! Is it hard on your car? No, not really - except tires and brake pads IF you do it alot. Ask Brian at Source1 if my car has been in for any mx (except more tires, and more tires and more tires). :smile:

Jim

I'm interested. I've tracked and instructed at Gateway in Illinois (now closed) but State Farm no longer covers track events so I just keep it at 8/10ths. I'm with the Captain though, if you've never tracked your car you will never really know what a great car this is until you do (however it helps to have tracked other cars to compare their abilities - getting rides in other cars is half the fun). Tires do wear really fast and are really exspensive, hmmm - another reason to go slower :biggrin:.

Jim

Jim, If you dont mind speak to Bill in regards to a group discount. I can work this to be a NSXCA event and subsidize some cost to club members who want to give it a try.

Text or call me and let me know.

I'll take the lack of response as a big "NOT". It would've been fun. Putnam's been on my radar for a while now. Guess the economy's got everyone stiffled. Oh Well, later then.
Happy Motoring!

Jim maybe shoulda started a separate thread about a track meet instead of thread-jacking. Track and street owners are generally 2 different types. Right Kyle? I go both ways as you know Jim :)eek:) but most owners do not want their NSX's on a track and in perceived harms way.
That having been said, let's stay OT for Brian's sake.
Count me in for a regional meet. There are many newer NSX owners that I would like to meet.

Jim maybe shoulda started a separate thread about a track meet instead of thread-jacking. Track and street owners are generally 2 different types. Right Kyle? I go both ways as you know Jim :)eek:) but most owners do not want their NSX's on a track and in perceived harms way.
Count me in for a regional meet. There are many newer NSX owners that I would like to meet.

Why not include both activities. The track is a great place to meet and greet. You don't have to run on the track but could meet there, some could take a nice drive (while the others test the limits of adhesion) and end there and then all go to dinner. Just thinkin out loud folks.

Would prefer not breaking any ice but would enjoy the ride and the meeting up. Track---hummmm---got some old tires on my car that are still holding air so---hummm.
I'm in if we decide to "get-er-done".
Huck

Right Curt. :cool:

Back