• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone interested in lessons on detailing your cars?

Batman, thanks for putting this together yesterday and thanks to Steve at Deep Reflections for a very educational demonstration. That was riveting stuff on microfibers and polish, really. I can't wait to take a few days off and really get down to a proper wash and detail. Anyone who missed this is gonna have swirls in their paint! And we'll know how to spot them,haha:biggrin:-Ted

I'm glad that you got something outta it.

I did pull other car guys (SS 2010 Camaro, Maserati, RX8, 335, another NSX owner, etc.).

Yes, alot of the NSXs at the meets could use some help on the detailing.

One thing is that most people don't know that microfiber towels do have a finite use life. After a few uses the polymide that makes it soft and no scratch the paint, starts to fade.

The new towel appears to be made outta Bamboo.

1. Super Absorbent, test shown Bamboo towel absorbs 4 times more water than Cotton Towel
2. Luxurious Silky Soft, it is also called Cashmere Towel
3. 100% Organic, Eco-Friendly, renewable green product
4. Naturally Anti-bacteria, Anti-fungal, Odor resistant
5. No bleach, No fabric softener needed during wash
6. Ideal for sensitive skins allergic to chemical agents

Last edited:
Sorry for not posting sooner, the demands on my time are overwhelming. The detailing business is taking off, well beyond my expectations!!!
I am happy to see a benefit from the time spent.
I am getting a bit closer on the "next generation of towels that we discussed. I used them on Batman's girlfriend's car with incredible results.

You are more than welcome to come to Deep Reflections. I have a pressure washer, etc so we can do engines, wheels, wheel wells.
Sounds like this would be more of a working session vesus a sit down and discuss, although I am certainly open to both.
Saturdays are pretty booked up, but Sundays we are normaly closed, so that would be the preferred day for us. However if Saturday works out better for people, we can accomodate it.
I will keep my eye on this post.
Steve

It's starting to get warm and I'm thinking about asking http://www.deepreflectionsdetailers.com/ host another one of these detailing events. Last time it was at his shop in Los Gatos. However, he said that he might be able to borrow a larger place in Mountain View to host a larger audience. If you guys are interested in attending to learn how to detail with Zaino, what stuff to buy, etc.

Please indicate here and if Sat or Sun is better for you.

Let me know if there is anywhere near me.

Batman I was joking, but thanks man. I'll check it out.

I'd be interested, especially farther north like Mountain View. Sundays would be best for me. Thank you for arranging!

Back