• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone interested in Magnetic Oil/Trans bolts?

magneticdrainplugs.jpg

I saw on here a while ago some doing a group buy for just the OIL pan magnetic bolt for at least $50!!!

A company in L.A sells the Oil and Transmission bolts for the nsx for $24.95 shipped, I may be able to go down in the price for a group buy of 10 or more people.

I have a set on my civic and the nsx as well, very nice investment for the price.

10 buyers, I'll do you them for $19.95. If you can get me

20, I'll do them for $17.95. This is for the SET (i.e sump + tranny).

I'm in, even though it's not neccessary, I think it's worth it to grab a few metal shards from the oils... or chunks if your car blows up.. :eek:

While we are on the topic, any reccomendations for a magnetic oil filter cover, something that wraps around the filter.

What is the relevant strength of the magnet compared to the... other oil magnet sold by SOS and a vendor here? How does it compare to the Spoon set ? Anyone know?

I read this before, and can't recall if this comment was addressed, but aren't the internals aluminum? Hence, the magnetic drain plug would not catch the metal(i.e. aluminum) particals in the oil?

aren't the internals aluminum?

No

I might be interested in a set but think the oil magnet idea is better as the filter flows outside in.

Just make sure the transmission oil drain plug isn't longer than 19mm. I just changed my transmission oil yesterday and measured how far something can stick in through the drain hole before it starts hitting parts in there. A little bit less than 19mm would be even better just to be on the safe side.

No

I might be interested in a set but think the oil magnet idea is better as the filter flows outside in.

Which is why I asked for suggestions on where/what to buy one...

I'm still interested in the magentic drain plugs, it can't hurt anything but my wallet.

Back