• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know a good mechanic in colorado???

I need to know a certified mechanic so i can have my car tune..i jux recently got my nsx a month of two ago

my1stnsx said:
I need to know a certified mechanic so i can have my car tune..i jux recently got my nsx a month of two ago

Paul at Pikes Peak Acura in Colorado Springs has been very good with my NSX. He has been involved with the NSX for quite awhile and has also been involved in their NSX racing program as a driver and mechanic. He seems to have a good reputation in the NSX community, as people at the NSXPO and the dealer I went to in Phoenix knew of him and had nothing negative to say. I would recommend him. As a matter of fact, my NSX is there at this moment being taken care of by him! :smile: Good luck.

Jae5150:There was guy a couple of months ago on Prime and eBay that was trying to sell his BBSC in Colorado. I don't recall his name but I was interested in buying it and I sent him some emails and he recommended a shop in Colorado. I don't remember name of the shop but someone might know who this is on Prime. I tried doing a search but I could find it...There are some other shops in Denver but I don't how familiar they are with AEM EMS..Send me a PM if you want me to do some checking I can probably find someone who is exprineced.I just have to make some calls......I have not really looked into it as I have not got FI yet...

Jae5150:I found the website that he refered me to here. If you go to there horse power rankings there is a bbsc listed NSX Here .This is all the info that I have.When I E-Mailed him I asked him about tuning and the only info here gave me was this site.I don't know if they do tuning or just offer dyno services but they might be able to put you intouch with the guy with this NSX. It is listed under 3R Racing, you might want to contact them directly.I am assuming that this guy with the BBSC is using AEM EMS. I don't know if this will be any help but it is some where to start....

Fantastic info Hoops...thanks for all of your help. I've got all of the right ingredients for a 375+ rwhp car....I just need someone who knows what they are doing, to get it there! Plus, the altitude here is not really in our favor. :mad:

I second the Rrecommendationfor Paul at Pikes Peak Acura. It is a bit if a drive to get there but it is worth it. Paul also does work on modded NSXes. I have yet to hear of anyone in the Denver area who is good.

Steve

Hi, I used to live in Colorado Springs and live in Boulder now.

I always have my car worked on at Flatirons Acura in Boulder by Chris Wayland. Even when I lived in the Springs. (after the first time i took it to Pikes Peak.)

I took my car to Pikes Peak shortly after I got it for an oil change. They told me I needed new CV joints and other stuff. I was skeptical. I took it up to Boulder as a friend of mine was Service Advisor at Flatirons Acura. I gave them a list of everything that Pikes Peak had said I needed, and it turned out that none of it needed replacement.

That was my experience w/ Pikes Peak. (this was about 2 years ago btw)

YMMV

Regards,
Jeff

hoops7k said:
There was guy a couple of months ago on Prime and eBay that was trying to sell his BBSC in Colorado. I don't recall his name but I was interested in buying it and I sent him some emails and he recommended a shop in Colorado.
Bruce McPherson in person, aka, Track Junkie on PRIME.

Back