• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone know if the material surrounding the speedo,tach etc on the 2000 NSX is...

brushed metal or synthetic, and what material it actually is. I was lookiing to replace the dash area and armrests with brushed aluminum but not sure if it would match. Also not sure if I should get the synthetic or real aluminum (synthetic is a bit darker).
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Raj

pka1 said:
brushed metal or synthetic, and what material it actually is. I was lookiing to replace the dash area and armrests with brushed aluminum but not sure if it would match. Also not sure if I should get the synthetic or real aluminum (synthetic is a bit darker).
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Raj

it looks and feels like some sort of plastic to me

the material around the speedo is behind a clear plastic/plexiglass so I'm not sure..

if it can be felt. Are we talking about the same part?

sorry. looks like you had your dash apart from one of the posts. How hard was that to

take apart. Did you ever consideraluminum or see it done 1st hand? Not sure if I'm huge on carbon fiber. I really like the brushed aluminum like can be found in the M3/M5.
Raj

Re: sorry. looks like you had your dash apart from one of the posts. How hard was that to

pka1 said:
take apart. Did you ever consideraluminum or see it done 1st hand? Not sure if I'm huge on carbon fiber. I really like the brushed aluminum like can be found in the M3/M5.
Raj

Taking the dash apart is not that difficult about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. The carbon fiber looks pretty sharp and the gauges are really set off by the painted bezels. IMO painting the whole insert alluminum would be a bit much, but different strokes for different folks.

Good Luck
Armando

I'm with you. I would love to paint only the surrounding bezel. Fot the aluminum, I was looking to replace the center console and the plast pieces in the two door armrests.
Raj

Back