• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know if the owner of this car is still around? (Handicap accessible NA1)

na1_honda_nsx_disability_drive.jpgna1_honda_nsx_disability_drive_2.jpg

Pictures are from a Time Attack... I think its awesome that they modified the car for themselves.

I'm not positive, but I think it may be in Columbus Ohio. I went on a spirited country drive with a guy who had this type of set up. He was a great driver and had a supercharger to boot. He kept egging me on in my car and finally we went ahead and did some freeway pulls to see who had more motor. The guy was an absolute nut and a blast to hang out with.

Juice, the car is RHD, I don't think we have any of those in the U.S. except for maybe the '92 from that famous "92 NSX type s" thread.

I do seem to remember hearing about a handicapped NSX. It was red, but I do not remember it being modded aside from stuff to aid the handicapped driver.

Looks like JDM NSX is Japan to me. The background reminds me of being at a track event in Saitama, Japan.

I'm not positive, but I think it may be in Columbus Ohio.

There was one in Ohio and I believe the driver was at NSXPO in Ohio.

I also seem to recall there was one similar setup at NSX Fiesta 2010 in Japan at Suzuka.

NSX_Ed_E150.jpg

Last edited:
Juice, the car is RHD, I don't think we have any of those in the U.S. except for maybe the '92 from that famous "92 NSX type s" thread.

You are right: this is a LHD model. Not sure how I missed that. But we definitely have one like this in Ohio.

RSO is right as well; the guy i met was also at NSXPO.

Didn't Acura make one special for Alex Zanardi after his accident? I remember seeing videos of it but cannot find them now.

Glad to see other disabled NSX drivers out there. I am paraplegic and recently got 5 speed NSX. I have modified it to operate the clutch by hand and I love the car and driving manual again!

Glad to see other disabled NSX drivers out there. I am paraplegic and recently got 5 speed NSX. I have modified it to operate the clutch by hand and I love the car and driving manual again!

Great to hear!! The Ohio driver was a C5 quad who modified his automatic.

thats great that youre getting to drive it!! post up some pictures if you can.

I was gonna make a build thread and share what i have done to the car so far and just got my hks coilovers and hopefully rims soon. Here are some pics of my handcontrol setup and a few pics of my car as well!

and one of the 1st mods

Last edited:
awesome to see an enthusiast work around physical limitations:cool:

I was gonna make a build thread and share what i have done to the car so far and just got my hks coilovers and hopefully rims soon. Here are some pics of my handcontrol setup and a few pics of my car as well!

Impressive! You should think about coming up to Kids Day at Watkins Glen this July and inspire the kids (who are inspirations in their own right but who nonetheless would be awed by you).

A23E6415-0C74-4744-A0D4-600AA03808EA-1055-000000FD178F1066_zps3017ce42.jpg

This is sooo bad ass!

I automatically imagined an older man when you said paraplegic. Maybe crippled by war or an accident. When I saw your young face I damn near teared up. Glad to see that you're not letting your condition keep you in a negative state. Keep on keeping on young fella.

Impressive! You should think about coming up to Kids Day at Watkins Glen this July and inspire the kids (who are inspirations in their own right but who nonetheless would be awed by you).

I dont like to brag about myself and I have volunteered at Shriners and Moss rehab in the past. If it was not for shriners hospital, i would not be here right now and I am actually planning to donating money to them on yearly bases in the future once I am done college. I will look into Watkins Glen and I am glad to help out if necessary and thanks for head up.

I automatically imagined an older man when you said paraplegic. Maybe crippled by war or an accident. When I saw your young face I damn near teared up. Glad to see that you're not letting your condition keep you in a negative state. Keep on keeping on young fella.

I am totally fine man and honestly could not be happier in my life right now. I do not look at it as a limitation and I do what ever I desire as long as im determined. A lot of people were telling me it would be impossible to drive stick for paraplegic but I did it. It was a long process until i got it working and actually the car was just sitting for ~ 6 months until I finally figured out a reliable way to operate the clutch by hand. there are actually a lot of people like me who are into cars and enjoy life especially in the West Coast and San Francisco area in particular.

Ok, gotta ask. What go fast mods do you plan for the car?
The car is not completely stock. while I was figuring out how to operate the clutch by hand and re-wiring the throttle cable, I had to gut out the interior. When I did that I figured out it has Hennessy ECU, and spoon v-tec controller. the car also has Hennessy exhaust and may be header but I have not checked the headers yet.

in the future, i will most likely put a supercharger on or some NA mods like injectors, etc

Back