• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone know this car on craigslist? JH4NA1158NT001209

Re: anyone know this car on craigslist?

Why is a Georgia car being listed for sale in Nashville?

This "seller" has also listed an '03 G35 on craigslist in nashville on 3/31/10 as well as at ktm520 supermoto bike.

Not a bad collection for a "20 yr old"......

Last edited:

got me. he said he bought the car off a guy in georgia and has had for approximately six months.
BAG

Tell him to send you a cell phone photo of the rear of the car with today's newspaper in the photo.

According to the encrypted info contained in the digital images they were taken March 27 and March 29, 2010. It would seem "unusual" that the car would still have Georgia tags on it two days ago if the seller bought it 6 months ago.

Ask him what camera he used (it was a Nikon coolpix L110).

He seems to have a bunch of "toys" he just photographed in the same general location, with some having no tags and others having Tennessee tags.

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ksmith102/index

Last edited:

thats pretty cool that you can tell what kind of camera he used to take the pictures. I never would have thought of that! I am glad there are people like you that have our backs!

I looked on Craigs list not 24 hours ago and did not see this car...must be very recent...
FWIW, Clayton Co. is just south of the city of Atlanta towards the airport. But the car is now in Nashvegas????
I'm curious as I like light coloured cars in hot climates. I am suprised I missed it!
I'm looking forward to what y'all have to say.

There are great guys here that have our backs - what this site is known for - it's our family. We try and take care of each other - one reason why members hate selling thier NSXs - for real.

Now - about this Craig's list thing - man I'm already suspicous - I didn't even look at this thread yesterday cause I don't trust Craig's list. I trust it less than "evil bay". Ebay at least has some monitoring of the items for sale and a way to get fraudulent morons off. Craig's list lacks that or at least it is poorly developed. This one already sounds fishy - RSO you are the man! Are you a private investigator by profession - you have done this kind of sluething before. You are a real asset to this group - thank you for watching!

car is in NASHVILLE
carfax minor accident in 95(rear)
title is legit
owner welcomes ppi

Anyone know a good nsx ppi guy in nashville.....?

I've heard people mention the "Barnman" as a fine mechanic. I'll bet T. Bromley has his particulars.... Tim?!

car is in NASHVILLE
carfax minor accident in 95(rear)
title is legit
owner welcomes ppi

Anyone know a good nsx ppi guy in nashville.....?

In Nashville and really in the US there are few mechanics with anymore knowledge than Barney has - he is one of THE best in the whole country. People fly him to inspect cars for them. Ask Larry B about him!

He did all the big work on my 91 - I picked it up in Houston - drove it straight to Barney in Nashville and that was a long ass one day drive and another story.

Barney is registered here on Prime. You can contact him by email. I also have his regular email address: [email protected] that should get you straight to him. Tell him I sent you - not that it makes any difference but I'd like him to know that I recommended him to you. No biggy. He's a great guy - young - man of few words unless it's a technical issue and he'll explain it in detail. Couldn't be in a better part of the country unless maybe in Larry Bs backyard - but there are others - there is a good one in Richmond - and there are others in CA etc., and Arizona. Hope this helps. Tell Barney I said hi!

Who did Nathan Take his car to when he had it in Nashville?

Barney evaluating today............
What's included in report?
Fairly standard review of systems?

Barney evaluating today............
What's included in report?
Fairly standard review of systems?

I'm sure Barney will tell you. You leave a message and he calls when he can. He works at the Acura Dealership there as well. Whatever he does will tell you what you need to know. I've never had him evaluate a car before I bought it - he evaluated mine afterwards. Not the best way to go about it - I know - but I was pretty aware of what I was going to do but one surprise thing. Good thing is not only can he tell you what's wrong but he can take care of the repairs or maintenance items while he has it. If you don't have someone really good in Indiana - I'd darn sure let Barney do anything needed before you pick it up if you end up buying it.

He's the best and he'll treat you right! You're in good hands.

I'm sure Barney will tell you. You leave a message and he calls when he can. He works at the Acura Dealership there as well. Whatever he does will tell you what you need to know. I've never had him evaluate a car before I bought it - he evaluated mine afterwards. Not the best way to go about it - I know - but I was pretty aware of what I was going to do but one surprise thing. Good thing is not only can he tell you what's wrong but he can take care of the repairs or maintenance items while he has it. If you don't have someone really good in Indiana - I'd darn sure let Barney do anything needed before you pick it up if you end up buying it.

He's the best and he'll treat you right! You're in good hands.

For some reason i can't post "reply"....................
FWIW seller wants sunday ppi now.
Barney and I are getting a kick out of this.
I don't know the seller but i bet he doesn't show up.
B understands.
it's all a big game till monies exchange hands.

If you get a funny feeling, run...... But I hope it turns that the car and he are legit. Good luck!

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

From previous posts, white NSX's are popular with many on Prime.

At least the car is right there in Larry B's area.

Rbilder,

I believe the car is in Nashville isn't it? Larry B is in NY area - right. Am I missing something here.

I was afraid of this - Craig's List strikes again.

So are you just not able to get in touch with the owner? This sounds strange. :rolleyes:

For some reason i can't post "reply"....................
FWIW seller wants sunday ppi now.
Barney and I are getting a kick out of this.
I don't know the seller but i bet he doesn't show up.
B understands.
it's all a big game till monies exchange hands.

Just send the "owner" a couple thousand dollars to hold it for you.

By any chance, does he live in Nigeria?

Good luck with the purchase.

Until BARNMAN sees the car, supposedly today now, it's all one big mirage..........

Tim...

I stand corrected.... Larry B is in NY.

Old Timers is beginning to set in.... :smile:

Rod

Tim...

I stand corrected.... Larry B is in NY.

Old Timers is beginning to set in.... :smile:

Rod

I have it too Man, don't feel like the Lone Stranger! But we still remember the really important things - don't we??? LOL:wink:

Until BARNMAN sees the car, supposedly today now, it's all one big mirage..........

BAG - I had a funny feeling about this from the beginning. I'm sure Barney and you are having a bit of a laugh over this about now. Hey to Barney!

Need Indianapolis area mechanic...........as purchase is pending...............
BAG

Need Indianapolis area mechanic...........as purchase is pending...............
BAG

Be careful BAG - something isn't right about this. What happened between Barney in Nashville and now Indiana - there is something really fishy going on here. What's the latest development - please explain....:confused:

Back