• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this Midnight Pearl NSX

Went down to the Lambertville, NJ area today to get some photography/shopping in. Took some pretty nice photos. Also snapped a shot of a Midnight Pearl/Camel NSX driving by. Strange, I was out of my car photographing an old town hall and this NSX drove right by me. The driver didn't look familiar, anybody know this guy?? No front plate and rear plate looked like a PA tag. Also, took a great photo of a white old school Lambo fueling up. Special thanks to Bob Ondrovic for that shot, I used his lens and I was quite a distance away waiting for a traffic light in my car!!

May_Lambertville_0529_036_crop.jpg
Trust me it's midnight pearl:):)
May_Lambertville_0529_116.jpg

May_Lambertville_0529_046.jpg

May_Lambertville_0529_010.jpg

May_Lambertville_0529_016.jpg

May_Lambertville_0529_044.jpg

May_Lambertville_0529_094.jpg

Hi John-

The photo of the NSX is great, but I am afraid that the "Lambo" is noting more than a kit car , for which Countachs were unfortunately imitated by Fiero based clones! Don't fret, these monsters can fool anyone!

Cheers-

Nev

Nice shots,and yes the lambo is a fiero.I don't know the nsx but wasn't there a mid pearl at the river run also.

wasn't there a mid pearl at the river run also
I think the one at the River Run had black interior

Was that really a Fiero??? Wow..I have heard of the kit cars, but I have never seen one. Here is a white Lambo from the Run of the Bulls last year. Are you guys sure? the resemblance is incredible!!

real_lambo.jpg

that first car looks like a corvette to me.

nice pics, sorry I wasn't around to join you.

Nice composition on the pictures and even though the first picture of the Countach is really a Fiero, it tells a story. I also like the one of the storage shed, but the garbage pails on the side are a distraction.

What camera and lens were you using for the photos?

Nice composition on the pictures and even though the first picture of the Countach is really a Fiero, it tells a story. I also like the one of the storage shed, but the garbage pails on the side are a distraction.

What camera and lens were you using for the photos?

Thanks for the compliments, I'm still very much learning. The garbage cans in the way were an annoyance, however the owner was standing nearby and I was trying not to be to obvious. In retrospect, I wish I had moved them.

The camera is a Canon 10D. For the most part I was using my Sigma 15-35mm lens. The lens is incredible and gives me a nice wide 23mm when I factor in the 1.6 multiplication factor. Some of the other photos, including the wanna-be Lambo were taken using Bob Ondrovic's (RSO34) Canon 75-300mm IS lens. He was nice enough to lend it to me for some track photos from WGI last week, and I haven't returned it yet.

Well, not cosmetically. It just happens to be that nearly all of these kits were based on the Fiero to take advantage if the mid-engine layout and the overall cost benefit was also a prominant lure.

Nev

I shot with a 10D also. It's a great camera for both beginners and seasoned photographers.

Not to hijack this thread, but if you want to get some interesting pictures, get a tripod and go to a junk yard and start shooting. Some of the best pictures I've ever taken have been of variuos junk.

get a tripod and go to a junk yard and start shooting. Some of the best pictures I've ever taken have been of variuos junk.
That is a great idea!! I never would have thought of that. I have a trip this Sunday with Bob to Botanical Gardens in NYC, that should be a great chance for some nice macros. I was also planning at some point to sit myself in a park and photograph people from a distance with Bob's lens. I find it very interesting to capture peoples' candid expressions. I was just wondering if this can have any legal complications? I figure as long as I'm not selling, or posting the images you can shot whatever you would like, is this true?

Thanks for the junk yard tip:D:D

NSXLNT said:
How can you tell it's a Fiero?

If you stare at the car long enough you'll start to be able to pick out the flaws of the kit car. A couple quick things to take note... is the door vent isn't lined up properly... the front bumper is molded in, instead of being separate like on the real one... also the hood looks misaligned. And the main things to see are on the doors... the door mirrors aren't the right ones, and the doors open out, then up (so it looks like it open on a angle) instead of straight up, and I'm quite positive all the real countach's windows aren't single piece.

i have a 95 nsx-t in midnight pearl with tan.... but that wasnt me lol. New to the forums i just bought it a couple weeks ago, am in the process of cleaning it up.
chris

nsxot1c,

Welcome aboard:):) Are you coming to our Hew Hampshire event? I'm sure it's not too late if you want to register. If interested I would send RichH a private message and inquire, it's gonna be a great time to show off that rare color of yours.

-John

oooo wow this sounds like fun!! Ooo but when is it, right now the car is going under the knife for a clutch/syncro replacement so idk how soon ill be ready to go. Let me know im def interested in meeting up im located near poughkeepsie ny.
thanks
chris

hhmmm......Is your car being worked on by Larry Bastanza??

HAHA actually he might be soon, i havent heard back yet im kind've in a rush but i heard hes the best and the wait is worth it. Considered doing it myself but id rather have him do it, only thing i have to figure out is when he can do it. Ive had the car like 3 weeks and got to drive it about a week, and miss it dearly. Especially with the nice weather.
chris

As painful as it may be to wait, it's your best bet. Larry IS the best. I do all my own work, I mean everything. However, when it comes to the transmission I would leave it to him, next year I'm most likely doing a Type R final drive and I'll be asking Larry to do it for me:) He is extremely meticulous and considerate of other peoples' cars, not like a lot of mechanics I know. He treats every NSX like it's his own.

oooo sounds exciting how much for the jdm final drive? now u got me thinking lol probably too much for me though i have some other plans prob 1st,
chris

nsxot1c said:
i have a 95 nsx-t in midnight pearl with tan.... but that wasnt me lol. New to the forums i just bought it a couple weeks ago, am in the process of cleaning it up.
chris

Welcome to the Club.

You are my long lost brother :D

95 Midnight Pear/Tan

Back