• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone near LaVergne, Tennessee? JH4NA21673T000080

I have been researching a 2003 LBBP/camel NSX located at Accurate Automotive, http://www.accuratecars.com . I am aware that this is the car with the honed cylinder Vin#JH4NA21673T000080; I have spoken with the dealer and reviewed their repair records. However, I am in Hawaii and don't wish to fly all the way to Tennessee if someone could help me out and verify the condition of the rest of the vehicle. Let me know what it is worth to you and I would gladly work out some compensation for your time.
Car is located at: Accurate Automotive, Inc.
111 Enterprise Blvd.
LaVergne, Tennessee 37086

Many Thanks for any effort or input- Ash

Re: Anyone near LaVergne, Tennessee?

That's 167 miles away from me. TitaniumVtec, you up for a road trip? It's just outside of Nashville.

167 miles, wow. Please don't go too far out of your way.

I spoke with them about that car last year. There are a few members from nashville on here and i am sure one will help you out.

Honed cylinder? I was told the shortblock was replaced.

I was in Nashville yesterday and looked at this car.It is the only car in the showroom and I was the only person there and no one came out to offer any help which i thought was strange as I was there for appx 1/2 hr.
The car is very nice the interior shows no wear.
The exterior looks as it has been cared for by someone who does not know just how to keep this car perfect.
It has swirl marks and some clear coat scrathes from washing and drying that can be removed by polishing.
However it has 2 spots on the hood where it looks as if it had rock chips and they tried to get them out with compound and it has made 2 places about 1/2'' wide and 1'' long that I don't think can be removed with out repaint.
There is 1 place on the rear valance that is chipped but is not very bad
The engine bay is clean but the hard to get spots are not as clean as I would think a 20xxx mile car should be.
My 91 with 114xxx seems to be more detailed in these areas than this car but it has been a labor of love for me for 5 yrs, may be not so much for the owner of this car.
I also noticed that the calipers were painted red with silver on the nsx logo which looked be hand painted.
The color is great and it has no door dings if it has no history I would love to own it.
I am appx 75 miles away and would look at it again if you have questions.

nsxbaby- Thank you very much, your assesment was exactly what I was looking for. Another member PMed me and he services his other honda vehicles there. He spoke highly of the dealership and will be there early next week so he will also provide input. Thank you all for your input and effort.

I live in Ft. Myers, Fl. but I have been in LaVernge for the last 6 days. I have a 92' GPW with 23,800 miles and it is pristine. If you still need someone to look further I will be here until thurs. morning.

Cheers
nigel

I have the answers....I am very famililar with this NSX because I am the individual who purchased it from American Honda Financial at an Acura sale in Orlando, FL. When purchased, this unit had an engine knock. We transported it to our dealership in Lavergne, TN and removed the engine from the car. Upon disassembly, we found the source of the knock, which was a spun #5 rod bearing that had also damaged the crankshaft journal. Furthermore, we found that the #5 cylinder had been prevously honed indicating that this may have happened before and had been repaired under warranty. Because we are very precise on repair and committed to what we sell, we elected to install a new replacement shortblock from American Honda. We purchased it from Harper Acura in Knoxville, TN. Our dealership does still have the original shortblock and whomever purchases the car is welcome to it. The car is in great shape and is parked in our showroom with a factory car cover on it. Because we are all former Honda and Acura franchised dealership techs and know the importance of using factory parts, we used all Genuine Honda / Acura parts on this car (even down to the Honda Type 2 coolant). Also, we installed a new clutch disc during installation of the shortblock assembly. Additonal info can be obtained thru our website at www.accuratecars.com.

Back