• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone near Lexington, KY who can check a NSX out?

Hi there.

I'm a prospective buyer who wishes to bring over a NSX to Canada (too expensive up here but I live very close to the border). There's a guy out in Georgetown, KY who's selling a low miles NSX that I have interest in. Can a Prime member help me out and check this guy's car out for me? It's a 300 mile trip one-way for me, so I'd rather not go down to be disappointed.

Here's this guy's contact number: 859-963-1854 or 859-963-1854
Ask for Delos Reyes.

Thanks in advance! Hope to be a one day owner of a NSX! :biggrin:

I am about an hour from there, but after looking at the ad for it on autotrader I don't think I am willing to waist my time with this.... $45k for a 2005 with 2000 miles. It is either a scam or extremely damaged. FMV for this car is in the $70ks and even if it had a salvaged title would still be north of $60k. So something doesn't seem right. I think you need to get your facts straight before you even consider this or ask someone else to take time out to check it out for you. I think most of us don't mind helping a fellow Prime Member out, but don't go asking to waist someone's time with a Wild Goose Chase until you get the details.

Hi there. I thank you for the honest response. Something was kinda fishy -- but I hoped there was someone in Lexington who wasn't far away who could just drop in and check it out.

It would be like if someone asked about a car in the Detroit area (I live across the border and go there all the time) -- I wouldn't mind to check something out if I was going there.

I was going to see the car for sale in the Detroit area asking $69k (more in line with retail value) but thought someone could see if this guy is for real or not.

I suppose I should have listened to the advice ... "If it sounds too good to be true..."

I'm ten minutes away and would love to see this car in person if you can confirm with the seller. A 2005 coupe????

Joe

Thanks jdnsx for the offer, however ... the guy who posted the ad in Trader is 99% a scam artist. Low miles 2005 for $45k should have tipped me off. However, e-mail correspondence pretty much confirmed this. He wanted the transaction to use eBay ... and eBay was going to send me forms to pay for the car. (Since when does eBay send people forms?) The ad says he's in Georgetown, KY but the guy says he's in Georgia. Pics of the car have a beach, mountains and palm trees of a long beach blue NSX (while his ad says Abyss blue) ... and where in Kentucky or Georgia has mountains by a beach and palm trees?

I sent a message to Autotrader's fraud protection unit with the e-mails this loser sent. :mad:

Back