• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone running 20's front and back ?

I would be very surprised if any would work up front.

Plus, WHY:eek:

ncdogdoc said:
I would be very surprised if any would work up front.
iagree.gif

ncdogdoc said:
Plus, WHY:eek:
iagree.gif

IIRC the closest setup to what your looking was accomplised by a fellow prime member:

215/35/18 front, and 295/25/20 rear on 20x10s using Toyo Proxes 4 All-Season tires...

You won't get a 20" wheel up front, cause that would mean you really need a 215/25/20 which no one really makes, cause there would honestly be no sidewall if they did... Les then 2" on each side to get a sidewall and a tread molded... almost impractical for daily driving...

There were pictures posted of an NSX in AU that was running 20" front and rear. I don't think the poster knew anything else about it's fitment on the car.

Stacy from Stacy's side skirt fame, is rocking 19's and 20's. Try a search in the gallery section.

20's on front if they would fit, would require 21 on rear to look right...18/19 look great and are plenty big.....my 3cents:cool:

I think 17/18 look great and are plenty big, and you have quite a few excellent tires to choose from...

nsxtasy said:
I think 17/18 look great and are plenty big, and you have quite a few excellent tires to choose from...

I roll on 18/19 and I think anything bigger is a waste. My current setup slows the car down. But I have 17/18's too for track days.

nsxtasy said:

I roll on 18/19 and I think anything bigger is a waste. My current setup slows the car down. But I have 17/18's too for track days.

I am running 20x10 rear 285/30/20 and 18x8.5 225/35/18 and no issues whatsoever. Very minimal rubbing in the front , only when I turn the wheel all the way. Looks very cool IMO, and get tons of compliments on the setup. I will take some pictures and post.

Danny

DannyC said:
I am running 20x10 rear 285/30/20 and 18x8.5 225/35/18 and no issues whatsoever. Very minimal rubbing in the front , only when I turn the wheel all the way. Looks very cool IMO, and get tons of compliments on the setup. I will take some pictures and post.

Danny

Thats close to 2" taller then stock!!! Sure its not 285/25/20?

DannyC said:
I am running 20x10 rear 285/30/20 and 18x8.5 225/35/18
CarCrazed4Life said:
Thats close to 2" taller then stock!!!
Yes, it is. Those sizes will also cause major problems with the TCS on any '94 or later NSX. (And, as Danny himself points out, they rub.)

To each his own but anything over 19" in the rear and 18" in the front looks kinda strange. i have 17/18 and I wouldn't want anything bigger than that. Even going from the stock 15/16 wheels to 17/18 you can feel the extra unsprung weight, and my wheels are fairly light.

I do not have any TCS problems at all. My car has Eibach springs and the rear 20" wheels have NO issues at all. The front rubs only on full turn and minimal at that. My tire size is a Bridgestone 285/30/20. I really do not care about speed/performance, I am OVER that. I am more into the looks of the car now. I love to see jaws drop when I am rolling on 20's and they see a 5 1/2 inch rear lip on a NSX . Just sick, plain sick. I put this setup on my car and guess what, it works. 2", 5", 10" taller, who cares it works and again NO TCS issues.

Regards,
Danny

DannyC said:
NO TCS issues.
That's possible if your car is a '91-93. Unlikely for all later years, unless your TCS has some other problem that is causing it to not operate properly. Also, with this size combination, TCS problems are less likely when the rear tires have less tread depth than the front, and more likely when the reverse is true.

DannyC said:
I do not have any TCS problems at all. My car has Eibach springs and the rear 20" wheels have NO issues at all. The front rubs only on full turn and minimal at that. My tire size is a Bridgestone 285/30/20. I really do not care about speed/performance, I am OVER that. I am more into the looks of the car now. I love to see jaws drop when I am rolling on 20's and they see a 5 1/2 inch rear lip on a NSX . Just sick, plain sick. I put this setup on my car and guess what, it works. 2", 5", 10" taller, who cares it works and again NO TCS issues.

Regards,
Danny

i think thier point was not that the wheels are too big - to each his own... its that there is a correct tiresize for the wheelsize - and they were concerned you had chosen different ones - which as they mentioned can mess with TCS and im not sure if it can mess with speedometer and ABS but i wouldnt risk it - if there was the easy solution o choosing the right tiresize.

5.5" lips!!! i wanna see this sounds hot

Tire can always be replaced during upgrading so I say no big worries. It will affect ABS and speedo readings, but it would be temporary until you replace your tires next time around with 285/25/20s...

Would love to see pics as well. I was almost their at just looks (ie almost did Toyo T1Rs in 235/50/18 front, and 315/25/19 rear....) but then went for practicality and got the all-season Proxes 4 in 215/35/18 front and 295/30/18 rear. I don't drive the car in snow, but I do drive it year round and need cold weather grip :)

I say lets see pics.

There were pictures posted of an NSX in AU that was running 20" front and rear. I don't think the poster knew anything else about it's fitment on the car.

That was myself and neo, this debate has been argued before. The car in oz was running lowenhart 20inch rims. I think the guards were flared though?
:) DUB rims are the 'look' for some. ;)

20's on an NSX?? Oh my....to each their own I guess. Just not my thing.

Back