• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone running 20's front and back ?

I also remembered that Ice-T had 20's on his convertible comptech widebody NSX and it looked really nice. I'm guessing it looked good because it had a much wider stance, which big wheels go with anyway...

Here is a few pictures I've taken back in 2004 from the CES show in Las Vegas. This NSX belongs to 'Ice Cube'. He is running a 19/20 setup. I don't know what offset the wheels are or whether they rub or not. From what I remember, I can barely even get 2 fingers between the tire and fenders (front & rear). The tires were really close to touching the fenders.

ef035f63.jpg

ef035f1c.jpg

ef035ec4.jpg

That's the car I was talking about, but for some reason I still think it was Ice-T who owned it. Either way, it had another pair of wheels before the ones pictured above but I think it was 18/19. I remember reading the ad when they were selling the car, it said 20" all around, I guess they didn't know for sure. Oh well, anyone know who owns the car now?

In addition to rubbing problems, those tire sizes (225/35-19 and 305/25-20) will cause TCS problems on the '91-93 NSX, and will throw off the speedometer and odometer by 4-6 percent (all years), and will accelerate slower (like getting taller gears). But oh, the bling of it!

Last edited:
A car like that Ice-T or Ice Cube car is in NO WAY a car those guys drive regularly, so TCS and rubbing problems probably do not matter to them anyway. I cannot imagine how slow that car must be with those heavy wheels and massive stereo. :frown:

I had trouble posting some pics. It said my picture size was too big. How do you resize the pictures so they will fit. Thanks or i can email to somebody and they can post for me.

Regards,
Danny

I have 19's in the rear nad 18's in the front. TSW wheels. I get only the SLIGHTEST of rub if I am at a full locked turn. I didn't do it, it was like that when I bought it. But anything bigger and the car would look absurd. This isn't a bling bling car, it's a performance car. If you want do stick DUB's on it, so get an Impala! :biggrin:

PhiAlpha44 said:
I have 19's in the rear nad 18's in the front. TSW wheels. I get only the SLIGHTEST of rub if I am at a full locked turn. I didn't do it, it was like that when I bought it. But anything bigger and the car would look absurd. This isn't a bling bling car, it's a performance car. If you want do stick DUB's on it, so get an Impala! :biggrin:

That is the way I see it too. What is the point of putting 20's on an NSX?? :confused:

Meeyatch1 said:
That is the way I see it too. What is the point of putting 20's on an NSX?? :confused:

I guess becuase they probably couldn't put 20s on a Ferrari or Lambo :wink:

My nsx is a blinger car, I really don't give a crap about performance, the car still gets me where I want to go in a hurry. There are sooo many cars out there that are faster than the NSX. However, there are not that many cars out there that look like ours. Tell you what though the wheels on my car look sweeeeet. I love it when people literally are breaking their necks trying to get a look at my car. I guess I like big wheels. Bigger is always better, I do not care what anybody says. Also, less people have attempted to race me. They know if I am rolling on 20's my 0-60 must be around 15 seconds, therefore thinking wow he is not a racer but his car looks damn sweet though. Then they give me the ever so popular thumbs up and drive off to find a new ricer to race with :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Regards,
Danny

To each his own, 20 on rear is OK but 18/19 combo looks best...unless it's a widebody.....my 2cents:smile:

I've got nothing against large rims...

I just don't think "Bigger is always better"

I think you need to pick rim size based on what you're driving, and the combination of the rim size/style/ & car size/style gives you the wow, or upchuck reflex.

18/19 IMO is as big as you shuld go on the NSX... anything bigger isn't better, it just doesn't fit the look.

in contrast, 18" rims look small on a Porsche Cayenne.

Ghetto Rims...

Yeah you should do what everyone else wants you to do with your car. :cool:

Here's an 18/20 setup. Looks fine to me.

Here's a 19/20 setup. Yeah they don't fit the look at all. :tongue:

I think the 20" wheels looks great in both cases. If you like it, go for it. Otherwise you can listen to everyone else and put itty bitty Volks on it so you can maximize your street performance and race around everywhere.

Back