• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone running BBSC & AEM?

Hello

I have a stock 1991 NSX that I am getting ready to install a BBSC on. It has the Novi 2000 supercharger on it. I am also going to install a AEM. I have installed a 255 LPH pump and have 440cc injectors to go on. Anyone also running this setup? I have stock exhaust and manifolds on it also. Any advice? What kind of HP numbers are you getting with this set up? Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe

I'm running a Novi 1000 BBSC at 6 psi with AEM FIC and some supporting mods (550's, Walbro, I/H/E). I have a Novi 2000 on the shelf, but I'm sticking with the 1000 for the time being, since it's more efficient at lower boost, and I don't want to push the 400 whp "safe" limit that is generally accepted, even with a good tune.

Last edited:
384 rwhp here with I/H/E also with the NOVI 2000.
I don't think that you will see anything over 330 without I/H/E mods.
IMHO...

I have a 92 na1, BBSC 2000 with the after cooler, AEM EMS, 400cc injectors, and stock fuel pump.
i'm getting about 7.5 psi, my own custom 4" intake to the SC, dc sport exhaust, top-speed headers, Science of speed BBTB, straight pipes (cayt delete), ported intake manifold and removed the VVIS completely so the intake manifold is shorter. Also i'm running a modified stock crank pulley, this was done my comptech, this keeps the harmonic balancer in place to absorb the vibrations from the motor/crank, this is also heavier then the one supplied with the BBSC kit so I lose a few hp.
Car made 400whp on a hot summer day in Houston (100+ degrees).
The car runs strong and i'm still on a stock clutch so I dont wanna push the power level any more. But I love the way the car's power is.
If i had the option to go this route again, i would do it in a heart beat.

Good luck.

Rahim

bbsc novi 2000 aftercooled, methanol injected 500 cc injectors walbro pump race cats and taitec exhaust plus AEM. 426 rwhp, been running bbsc for about 47000 miles.

I got 370rwhp with NO aftercooler or methanol. stock exhaust.

Well, give me a week and I'll be able to add to this. Install on my car is being done right now, 92 with Novi 1000 and AEM.

Plan right now is to get a good tune, maybe add methanol later as insurance.

I would advise you to install 550cc injectors.

i ran 440's at 360 rwhp without an issue. once i went to race cats and 8.5 psi (from 7ish) my rwhp jumped to 400+ and i maxed out fuel. i needed the walbro pump as well

Picture_0022.jpg

Thats my set up @ 7 PSI with BBSC 1000, AEM, 440 injectors, 255 wahlbro pump, and methanol spray @ 4 PSI. I also have Headers, Exhaust, with CATs. I suggest replacing your cats with race cat or strait pipe and make sure your clutch is not stock :wink:

I'm sort of curious how much difference test pipes would make. I don't really want to spend too much time on the dyno fitting part after part, though. I mean, as nice as it would be to know, if I buy the things and they make less of a gain than I hope, it's not as if I would take them off.

Back