• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone up for brunch.

nsx1164 said:
Just to clarify -- its a brunch for "NSX folks", regardless of what they drive to the event ??

Put me down for 2 for brunch -- prefer closer to 1130/12 but can be flexible. Probably won't be driving my NSX... it will be in offsite storage that weekend, possibly sooner :(
Unfortunately had a change in plans with some visiting family, so will need to pass on this one :(

I will have to pass. We start trick or treat early around here and I just cannot miss that. Besides, we are gambling with the weather which is another reason why I was shooting for this weekend.

Just trying to be a pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kidding, you all have a good time on the 31st, Pandl's is a nice place and only about 15 minutes away from me, so I might just sneak down and check out the cars, and maybe a bloody mary or 4.

Later.

I'm sorry to say that I'll have to pass since it's already at least 2 hours to get from my house to the Chicago area and I have things to do in the northern suburbs during the day Sunday. I'll be thinking about you guys as I weep into my apple pancake at Walker Brothers :D

Have fun and take lots of pics before the cars get put away for the season!
A

Update:

See the list on page 1 of the thread for current attendance.

I have called Pandl's and have the following information.

They normally do not seat large groups at any time other than 10am. I have left a message with a person that coordinates the larger groups to see if they can get us in at noon, or some time other than 10am.

They have a large parking lot, but have indicated it fills up quickly and they cannot partition or block off a section for us. They did suggest using a parking lot nearby if we were concerned with parking in a secluded area.

I have also asked if we can put in a reservation that we can modify up to a certain point, call it a drop dead date, so we can offer people some flexibility in their responses and let them RSVP as late as possible.

I will report when I get a call back.

We may want to consider a Plan B if this doesn't work out . . .

Thanks for the update, Ryan.

I would be happy to meet there at 10 a.m. if that's what others want to do. Heck, I can even be there at 9 a.m. with a thermos of bloody marys just for Tom. :D

However, if other folks want to do something else, that's okay with me, too - whether that means getting there later and dealing with remote parking and possibly sitting at separate tables, or going somewhere else.

If you want to consider going somewhere else, keep in mind that the pancake type places tend to be very busy on weekends also, so we may run into similar issues. That Journal-Sentinel reader poll rated the following places second and third for their Sunday brunch, in case you want to call them and see if they're a better fit for our needs:

The Packing House
900 E. Layton Ave.
(414) 483-5054

Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
3133 E. Newberry Blvd.
(414) 962-6300
(they have their brunch menu posted on their website)

Let us know what you hear from the person responsible for large groups. Maybe they can accommodate us at 10:30 or 11:00 and make a Plan B unnecessary.

nsxtasy said:
Thanks for the update, Ryan.

I would be happy to meet there at 10 a.m. if that's what others want to do. Heck, I can even be there at 9 a.m. with a thermos of bloody marys just for Tom. :D

However, if other folks want to do something else, that's okay with me, too - whether that means getting there later and dealing with remote parking and possibly sitting at separate tables, or going somewhere else.

If you want to consider going somewhere else, keep in mind that the pancake type places tend to be very busy on weekends also, so we may run into similar issues. That Journal-Sentinel reader poll rated the following places second and third for their Sunday brunch, in case you want to call them and see if they're a better fit for our needs:

The Packing House
900 E. Layton Ave.
(414) 483-5054

Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
3133 E. Newberry Blvd.
(414) 962-6300
(they have their brunch menu posted on their website)

Let us know what you hear from the person responsible for large groups. Maybe they can accommodate us at 10:30 or 11:00 and make a Plan B unnecessary.

If we do go to Plan B, I would recommend Bartolotta's for the view and their ample parking lot.

I say 10 a.m. it is then. Ryan let us know on a finalized time when you get it.

I'd love to make it but it's over 6 hours away for me, (from W. Des Moines, IA.)

Someone call me a "Waaaambulence."

skyguy said:
I'd love to make it but it's over 6 hours away for me, (from W. Des Moines, IA.)

Someone call me a "Waaaambulence."

I will be driving through your area this Mon for work. I need to go to Chicago first and then to Omaha, and then KC. Be back just in time for the brunch!!!

Brunch Reservation Confirmation

I have spoken to the folks at Pandl's and have made a formal reservation for 14 for 10:30 am on October 31st.

This reservation required a $100 credit card deposit, which I have paid. That will be subtracted from the bill, so as long as 4 people show up I won't lose money.

We can make additions or deletions until Friday, October 29th.

The most they can fit at one table is 20.

Remember Daylight Savings Time starts at 2am on the 31st, so make sure you turn your clocks back an hour. It also means 10:30 am is going to feel like 11:30 am.

Lets meet at the parking lot at 10am.

Last edited:
Sounds good Ryan...and thanks for taking care of that. See ya next Sunday.

Sounds great! I'll see everyone there @ 10:00!

Bob Kenney said:
IF you still have room and its not raining Pam and I would like to attend!

If its "raining Pam" it probably won't be safe to drive to the brunch . . .

:D

I'll add you and Pam to the list.

Weather update:

Here is the current extended forecast for Sunday, October 31st. (weather.com)

As of today (tuesday) they predict a mostly sunny day with a high of 62 degrees and a 20% chance of precipitation (later in the day I believe).

Hopefully it will stay that way. :)

Yes, myself and my wife will be there at 10:00 am

Back