• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone use Hawk HP+?

Time for more pads... tried the Cobalt and looking for something different. Anyone use the Hawk HP+?

Noise, dust, track, streetability?

Echo...good street/track pad if you don't mind, seemingly, more than the usual amount of dust.

I used these before I went with Carbotechs as more of a track pad.

I switch back and forth from HPS to HP+ for street and track (on the other car, not the NSX). HPS are the best choice for street-- though I keep my aggressive driving tendencies to the track. My HP+ squeal quite a bit. As for dust-- same as mentioned above, enormous amounts of dust.

I am using the HP+ pads now for the first time.
Love their performance. Have no issues with squeal. Yes, they do dust, but not more than the Axxis Ultimate pads I was using before. Although I have the feeling the HP+ dust is a little harder to remove.

Another vote for the HP+. Good all-around pad for those who want something that can stand up to the heat and demands of track use, while not squealing loudly when used on the street.

The HPS is more of a street-only pad.

If you're really concerned about dusting, you might want to consider the stock pad.

I currently use Hawk HP+
Great pad but dusty as can be.

Im on HP+s also. I find them a great track pad on the track and pretty good on the street too.

I daily drive mine and track em'. Some squeal, but not too bad.

IIRC, these pads have glued on shims instead of having clips surrounding the pad. My shims rotated enough to where the edge of the shim was lathing into my wheel hubs. Remove the glued on shim and replace with normal ones fixed the problem.
Other than the lathing and heavy dusting, they're not bad for random track weekends. They need to be warm to bite, in the winter you'll have weak brakes until you use them a bit.

Back