• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anytime Racing exhaust

Hi Anytime,

What music is that playing on your website.

It was a random loop found on the internet. I can get you the specific title shortly. I was fond of the dupont registry music(not available) and this was a good alternative.
Thanks,
John

Dyno chart says 13hp gain just from exhaust (cats back)?

Last edited:
Just installed

Just installed my ANYTIME/Borla exhaust, along with Comptech headers. Bellow are my initial observations.

Notes: My car is FI with BBSC, and as mentioned above, has headers.

VERY raspy note, IMO. db level is a bit higher than what I expected at WOT. It is extremley pleasant during down-shifts. At idle it is near stock sound. On start-up you can tell it is aftermarket simply becasue of the revs at startup. Highway cruise db levels are fine. No droning noise whatsoever. From the cabin you can hear that it is aftermarket, but it is not bothersomme at all. Down-shift and step on it and everyone around knows your there, trust me. Under WOT and going under a bridge you certainly could send some gray-hairs runing for cover.

Quality of construction and materials appears to be very good. I had a welder install an O2 bung for wide-band testing in the exhaust, and he commented on the quality of the stainless and the welds.

I am going to have to take it down to do a side by side comparison with sjs's NSX, which is also forced induction. He has the Comptech exhaust, which when I heard his I instantly said "I need a bit louder." I would venture to guess that mine is a tad more than a "bit louder," but can't say for absolute certain without a side by side. But if I were a betting man, I would say that the Science of Speed comparison page is off with respect to the volume comparisons in relation to the Comptech vs the Anytime/Borla.

As far as looks...top notch. Even better than the pics (IMO).

I would say if you want something close to stock db's, then this is NOT for you. If you want something that barks under WOT, then this might be for you.

As a side note: My neighbor has a TA LS1 with a Borla exhaust, and my NSX is noticeably louder under WOT.

Last edited:
KGP-

Do you still have your cats on there?

Your setup is very close to mine. Right now I have oem exhaust/cats bolted to comptech headers. I am seriously considering the Anytime exhaust with the Taitec bypass pipes with the built in bung for a wide-band.

Sig said:
KGP-

Do you still have your cats on there?

Your setup is very close to mine. Right now I have oem exhaust/cats bolted to comptech headers. I am seriously considering the Anytime exhaust with the Taitec bypass pipes with the built in bung for a wide-band.
Yes, cats are on. BTW, if you install a bung, and happen to install the same size I did (18mm X 1.5mm pitch), private me to find a bolt to insert, assuming the bung didn't come with one. You can either spend a lifetime looking for the right bolt, or a few minutes. It's all in how you look. If it were not for sjs, I would still be looking. :confused:

Anytime Exhaust

KGP ---- thanks for the info.
How much louder do you think the headers make it or
doesn't that effect the dbs ?

"Sounds" like Anytime Exhaust may be more then I'm looking for.
I must be getting old !

Now I'm back to square one. DC Sports, Tubi, Anytime ?????????

Thanks

xxlrr8

Re: Anytime Exhaust

xxlrr8 said:

How much louder do you think the headers make it or
doesn't that effect the dbs ?
Good question, but one I can't answer. I would throw that one out to others who have gone from stock manifols and aftermarket exhaust to the addition of headers. Because I added both at the same time I just can't draw any comparisons.

KGP said:
Dyno chart says 13hp gain just from exhaust (cats back)?

Yes, those dyno charts were provided by Borla. Car was a bone stock 91 with 90k on the clock. I'm glad you like it. I found if you short shift, car sounds fairly stock.
Thanks,
John

Anytime-

Your website indicates there is a titanium version on the way. When do you expect that version to be released?

And, do you have an idea on the price premium expected over the standard version?

Thanks.

Sorry, there may be no titanium in the near future. After the first batch was made, they have an idea on what the materials needed are. So, I asked what the pricing would be on titanium. It was 3 times the price of stainless. Uhh, no thanks.

As far as this project went, I just squeaked this one thru. Alex Borla(the owner) recently took back over the dealings(someone else ran it for him for years) and started axing projects left and right. He is trying to focus more on the racing and big numbers in the selling of exhuasts(ford, chevy and dodge), not to mention the slowed economy. We had been working on this project for so long, I wouldn't take no for an answer. So, I struck a deal with them and it will be in production for as long as there are customers.

Take care,
John

ANYTIME said:
I found if you short shift, car sounds fairly stock.
Maybe if I shift at 3000 or less, and at less than 1/3 throttle.

KGP is right, that thing is LOUD under load. It's amazing how fast it changes from a mild burble to an absolute screaming banshee. Even a quick rev in neutral will make you jump. It may be comparable to the CT at a cruise, but it couldn't be more different and still be called a "muffler" under any kind of load. Even during parade laps at the track today people were saying that they could tell exactly where his car was at all times. Seriously, they've managed to build something with two distinct personalities. That's good if it really does flow freely under load, assuming you like a loud exhaust.

I would have loved it when I was younger, but these cars get too much attention already and that exhaust screams "look at me, I'm going fast!!!"

Question for Anytime: We saw a conspicuous dusting of what appeared to be metal fibers on the bumper. Are the canisters of a straight-through type with a "steel wool" packing for a baffle? Assuming the answer is ‘Yes’, have there been advances over the year to make them more efficient? (Historically a low cost and zoomy sounding design, but generally not as efficient as a good reverse-flow type.)

Sounds like I was shipped something that was not supposed to be. :eek: ANYTIME is working on the resolution. He assures me that it should not be as loud as mine is.

Correct. The prototype I received and have currently on my car sounds different than the production unit(read:much louder). All the units were to be the same as what I have and it sounds like they are much louder than expected. A call to Borla and a schedule has been set to drive my car there(about 10mins.) and install the production exhaust and check the db levels. I will have this matter resolved in a timely fashion and do whatever it takes to fix this. It looks like they will have to rework the internals to quiet the exhaust down. At this point, there may be 2 versions to choose from. The current one which seems to be loud and a more sedate version(what it was supposed to be) I will go as far as replacing the exhaust with a new one, as I want this to be a product I stand behind and "do the right thing", as I would expect the same.
Sincerely,
John

PS, If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to call me anytime @ (805)987-7777

Last edited:
Sig said:
KGP-

Could you be more specific?

Not sure what "not supposed to be" means.
Sure. Poor choice of words on my part. In a nutshell, it appears that what I was sent from Borla is drastically differnent from what it should be in terms of the sound and db level. ANYTIME and I did a comparison over the phone, listening to each others exhaust note, and even with the poor quality of sound reporduction over phone lines it was pretty easy for John to hear that mine was louder than his.

John is going to bolt one of the production units on his car Friday to see if it came out the same as mine, or his prototype unit. Again, phone line sound transmission is poor quality, but what I hear from John's (including his mp3 files) sounds acceptable. My money is on; I recived an exhaust that someone forgot to put the proper amount of fill in (or even any fill for that matter :D)

So, if your looking for an exhaust with a note just above OEM, want a lifetime warranty for FI and quad tips, don't discount the ANYTIME Borla just yet.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a very loud exhaust with quad tips..., I'll bet ANYTIME can fill your need. :D

Last edited:
Exahust

You guys are driving me crazy !:eek:

Just when I think I know what to buy, the "rules" change. Wanted the Anytime, then the Comptech, Then the DC Sport - now I'm waiting for the Anytime again !

Make me one thats sounds good, but not to loud - Thanks,

Mitch
xxlrr8

Re: Exahust

xxlrr8 said:
You guys are driving me crazy !:eek:
Heheh. Mitch, I went back and listened to the Anytime wav clips, along with listening to John's car over the phone, and I can say for certain that I got a "freak" or that Borla somehow deviated from the specification or the intended design. I'm pretty confident that John will get this sorted out. And, he will have a loud category exhaust to sell as well.

Sig said:
Will there be any airflow performance degredation after adding more fill?
I would think that the dyno readings are from the prototype, thus the figures should stand as is, a 13hp increase. probably best to check with Anytime though.

Saturn said:
Since it has a raspy tone to it, does it sound like a louder version of the Comptech ?
Keep in mind it is my exhaust that is raspy, and my exhaust is not typical of what should have been produced. Therefore, all my comments about the note of the exhaust as I have heard it on my car can be, in essence, thrown out the window.

Back