• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX exhaust system for naturally aspirated and supercharged applications

Re: New offering : N/A exhaust (emissions compliant)

Hey Wil, is that 1/4 pipe straight thru or is it capped at one end?
It is a pipe straight across the y-pipe to connect the two banks - I will get some pics up when I get time to take them -

The pipe is visible in this pic however.

IMG_3358.jpg

Hey Wil, is that 1/4 pipe straight thru or is it capped at one end?

It connects both banks - sort of like a giant h-pipe -

This is the length required on this particular system to cancel the drone.

Thx for the pics!!
Does this pipe totally cancel the drone at 2000rpm~2500rpm?
Or does it suppress few db at all RPM range?
Do you have sound clip of it?
I hope it still loud and nice at WOT

Last edited:

Thx for the pics!!
Does this pipe totally cancel the drone at 2000rpm~2500rpm?
Or does it suppress few db at all RPM range?
Do you have sound clip of it?
I hope it still loud and nice at WOT

This pipe is designed to center in on the drone frequency - so it has little effect elsewhere - that being said, there is some degree of quieting at higher RPM - not much.

I would recommend if you want a more aggressive tone at higher RPM, get my resonated test pipes, they will provide a more aggressive tone at high RPM without making it raspy.

Nice to see another way to skin a cat so to speak. :)

Hey Wil, I have a request. Not all of us have access to a lift or good jacks and jackstands. For me to send my unit back in, I would have to take it to my tech and have him put my old unit back on while mine is being sent in for the update. When returned, I would then have to reverse this process and have the unit put back on again. Obviously, this is going to cost me double the labor charge. How about making up one of these to use as the "exchange unit?" You would only have to make one and from then on the units would be exchanged unit to unit. I'm sure others might very well fall into this same category. Does this sound like a reasonable idea? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Paul
[email protected]

Hey Wil, I have a request. Not all of us have access to a lift or good jacks and jackstands. For me to send my unit back in, I would have to take it to my tech and have him put my old unit back on while mine is being sent in for the update. When returned, I would then have to reverse this process and have the unit put back on again. Obviously, this is going to cost me double the labor charge. How about making up one of these to use as the "exchange unit?" You would only have to make one and from then on the units would be exchanged unit to unit. I'm sure others might very well fall into this same category. Does this sound like a reasonable idea? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Paul
[email protected]

Thought of it already but it is not a possibility as the exhausts are made in one piece in the jig, this means if I were to make another y-pipe, it would not fit other exhausts.

At this point you are one of only two people who actually want this mod done although I am sure there will be others - the problem with that is that it is costly to engineer a solution for such a small audience.

I want to add that this can very easily be accomplished in under 15min using car ramps, two 14mm wrenches and an 11mm wrench - I bet I could do it in under 5min with my cordless impact gun...

Last edited:

I currently have a system ready to go!

Thans for posting the video!

I am currently offering a discount on the Ver.1 system! PM me for details!

Anyone in the SF Bay Area have this installed with stock headers and cats that I might arrange to hear in person?

Thanks!
Keith
97T blue/tan

Anyone in the SF Bay Area have this installed with stock headers and cats that I might arrange to hear in person?

Thanks!
Keith
97T blue/tan

I have the version 1 of this exhaust installed on my 02 with an otherwise stock setup (stock cats + headers). PM me if you want to check it out.

There you go Keith!

This is actually very similar to one of the new options, here is a pic of one of the options, these were adjusted to point more straight, but could easily be adjusted to angle upwards if desired.

The other two options I need to get pics, one is identical to the current double wall, but 3.5" , the other is a 4" straight cut tip and the other is a 3.5" double wall but different.

Do you have better pics of these options? The "attached image" doesn't seem to open from me. Do you have a regular size photo you can embed into the post?

Also - you should consider setting up a webpage where people can order direct, with photos, installation instructions, etc. That would be a really practical and good idea!

Hey Wil, re the last video in post #225, that car has test pipes right?

No, the car has Comptech headers though so a little louder than one with OEM headers - remember this is at WOT.

Last edited:

Starting at 18:00, this is me flying past a Corvette at WOT on Summit Point Main Circuit, from an in-car cam on the Corvette. This is a great example of what the Angus Exhaust sounds like from another perspective:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bs4nWcGA-PM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I currently have one system ready to go!

These are still available!

Is the price still the same as what I read on the first page of this thread?

Just traded someone my GTLW for an AP-X. Combined with the Angus Resonated Test Pipes the sound this thing makes is absolutely incredible.

Is the price still the same as what I read on the first page of this thread?

Yes it is, you can PM me for further details!

Here's a clip of my car with the AP-X.

It also has DCSport headers and Angus Resonated Test Pipes.

I'll try to get some more/better video with a flyby and whatnot eventually too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XUHJKHRSnw0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back