• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X OBDII resonated test pipes and Hi-Flow cats

Will you be testing on the LEV cars? Reason I ask is becuase the Prospeed cats triggered CEL

I am currently testing on the LEV cars, the cats will NOT have CEL issues, once I am satisfied they do not have issues - then I will release them.

+4 I am interested as well. I am in Vancouver and just received my pride v 2 for my 02 supercharged nsx. Would like to get rid of the cats. Let me know and u will purchase a set. Cheets

+. I am very interested as well. Just received my pride v2 today for my o2 supercharged nsx and Want to get rid of my cats. I am in Vancouver Will and would like to pick up a set. Let me know when ready. Cheers

OK everyone, I am going to be finishing up my jigs in the next little while for the '00+ cars, I will start a thread and get a list going so that everyone can get their orders in.

Thanks guys!

These '95 - '99 pipes and cats are available for order any time!

Finally got the video made, sorry it took so long. :redface:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1c0hdQbrBA4?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1c0hdQbrBA4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I am kind of suprised; I really thought it'd be a lot louder.

I have the same exhaust, stock headers and oem cats.

Yes people, the resonated test pipes are loud (depending on your setup) they are not designed or intended to make the car quieter, what they do is get rid of unwanted "resonances" (i.e. rasp) and while they are doing that, it can decrease the "perceived" sound level but that is about it - they really smooth out the sound compared to straight pipes and I think that is what can be heard from the sound clips.

I currently have an almost new set available at a discount, PM me for details.

i bought a set of cats from angus but decided to return them (never bolted on) to exchange for resonated test pipes. didnt want to risk blowing out the cats due to my supercharger.

currently on test pipes now, hoping the resonated pipes will get rid of my rasp

i bought a set of cats from angus but decided to return them (never bolted on) to exchange for resonated test pipes. didnt want to risk blowing out the cats due to my supercharger.

currently on test pipes now, hoping the resonated pipes will get rid of my rasp

They should, mine sounds absolutely great now with the RTPs and GTLW. :)

The RTP definitely cuts down the rasp, this was one of my first mods to my car after trying STP.

Back