• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Appreciate your thoughts on this 1995 JH4NA1284ST000479

You can buy this car today at an "ASKING" price of $39,500. It certainly is in the right price range for year/miles/condition from whats displayed. Its also a 95 with a targa top. Other than the automatic its almost less than the 91 i just bought.
I would try to find where its located and have someone go by and check out the details for you. Get the VIN# and ask for a carfax to be ran on it.
Contact the seller and ask if maintenance records exist so you dont have to repeat the services.

Good luck. It appears nice from the pics but i would still have someone do a visual and start communication with the seller. Maybe Im biased but Black is the way to go.

Thanks DC. Advice is much appreciated.

I was following your threads on the purchase of your car from Baystate. Several months ago, their Naples branch had an 91 with only 2000 miles and automatic. By the time I contacted them, the car was sold...

WHat are your impressions of the car so far. Coming out of a 1996 corvette, I am really hoping for a few less rattles, etc.:D

Thanks again.

BE

Well, let me steal a phrase from the old HARLEY riders.

" If I have to explain it, you wouldnt understand"

There is an awesome feeling about knowing you are driving a car that is in all regards rare/exotic. Everyone looks at you and tries to figure out what your driving. Vettes are a dime a dozen at every stoplight. You wont find that in an NSX.

I came out of a 01 BMW 530i "the ultimate driving machine" . Well, there are some things that the 01 BMW can offer the 91 NSX cant but you wont find any rattles or squeaks or pieces falling off as you will in a corvette. No comparison there and its not fair to even try in my opinion. I owned a 96 convertible vette and my experience with that lead me to believe it was one of the worst purchases I have ever made not to mention i lost my tail when i sold it.

Given equal factors the NSX will retain its value way better than a vette anyday. Countless people can attest that you can get into a 91-94 NSX for 26-40 depending on certain conditions. Most depreciation is gone already and a 91 NSX with over 100k miles will still bring high 20s - low 30s.

I am thrilled with the car. It gives you a feeling i simply cant explain its something that you just have to experience.

Baystate motorsports was a great organization to work with. If you talk to ROB over there he will find you the car you want.

I waited for a year and looked at many NSXs to find exactly want i wanted. Yes the car only has 13k miles now but i doubt that for long. I enjoy driving it so much that Im sure it will get driven as often as possible.

If I can answer anything specific please feel free to write.

96ce:

Why are you sticking with an auto? Just curious, because you can find excellent cars with similar mileage for a little lower price than this, even 5 speeds (including mine). If you are willing to look at manuals, PM me and I'll send you details. I think rowing your own gears is a big part of the enjoyment of the NSX, not to mention that you get a more powerful engine than the auto.

I too went from a Vette (98 convertible) to the NSX, and it is an incredible difference. My Vette was an auto, which I feel took away a large part of the enjoyment of driving a sports car. Now I love to run thru the gears and hear the VTEC...quite a sensation.

Good luck!

Todd

96ce, I would recommend driving the manual before writing it off. The manual trans is so easy to live with as a daily driver, I think the car is much more enjoyable to drive with the stick.

I hope you aren't basing that decision on your experiences with the vette. Now I've driven vettes with sticks and automatics and I would choose the automatic if I were buying the vette(as most vette owners do also.) The vette has traditionally had great automatics. They shift great and are very durable whereas the manual in the vette leaves alot to be desired in my opinion. The clutch is hard, gears are notchy, and that cags thing is the worst!

I also am not impressed with a Honda auto trans. (I'll prob get flamed for this but its my opinion) I've owned 4 hondas, and driven several others and I've never been impressed with the way the auto's shift or their durability. I don't like the way my Odyssey shifts (I've been told this is normal) and there have been so many trans defects that honda extended my trans warranty from 36k to 100k.

At least drive the stick so you never end up regretting your decision.

Thanks again for all of the advice and input guys. The dealer advsed that indeed the passenger door has been painted due to a "scrape". I think I am sufficiently turned off as I am really looking for one in truly mint condition.

The search will continue.

Thanks again to all.

BE

Back