• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

April 8th - Kansas City "Sunday Drive in the Country II"

WHERE:
Red Robin
18810 E US Highway 40
Independence, MO 64055

(Click for map)

WHEN:
Sunday, April 8th, 9-9:30am, departing around 10am.

WHAT:
A spirited drive in the country. Various twisty roads, several highway stretches, and automotive bliss.

WHO:
Hosted by Kansas City Z Club, many different makes/clubs invited--Z Cars (obviously), NSXs, Ferraris, Vipers, MR2s, BMWs, IS300s, S2000s, etc.

April 8th marks the second Kansas City "Sunday Drive in the Country" hosted by the Kansas City Z Club. Last year, we had over 40 cars at the meet, ranging from Nissan Z Cars, NSXs, S2000s, BMWs, etc. I believe 3 NSXs were in attendance last year (Joseph, Gary, and another gentleman... don't believe we ever got introduced). For those of you that went, you know what a good time this cruise is.

For those that don't know, this cruise is basically something coordinated by my father, brother, and I who are members of the local Kansas City Z Club, as mentioned above (My pops having an '06 350Z, my brother a '94 Twin Turbo Z and '91 hard top NA Z, and myself a '93 Twin Turbo). It will take approximately 3-5 hours to complete (the route has yet to be finalized), and will consist of lots of twisties for the corner carvers, a couple long highway stints for the high horsepower guys, and a likely photo op for all car enthusiasts who like photos of their cars. :)

Anywho, we hope to see those who came out last year as well as some new faces this year. Hopefully Gary and Joseph enjoyed it as much as everyone else did and they can put in their two cents. :)

Click for pics from last year

More pics from last year

-Pete Schulte

Last edited:
This was a very nice drive last year. I'll try to make it again. Are you going to have a rain date set up if we have bad weather? Are you going to start it the same place as last year?:biggrin:

Bummer, that's my birthday and I'm going to be in Chicago :frown:

This was a very nice drive last year. I'll try to make it again. Are you going to have a rain date set up if we have bad weather? Are you going to start it the same place as last year?:biggrin:

Rain dates--possible, but not set in stone yet.

As far as the meeting point, I'm not sure yet. Pops and my brother are driving it again on the 1st to finalize the route... I'll keep you updated on the meeting spot! :)

Hope to see you again this year.

Not to throw a wet blanket on this date...But it is Easter Sunday. Not sure if you will get the turn out that was like last year, and may limit additional cars this year.

What about a test of the route this Sunday?? A little mini Meet..:biggrin:

Pete,

Nick and I want to make it out in the new Vette but if we could move it to something other than Easter Sunday it would sure help. If we keep it there, what time is it going to start??

Quick updates:

WHERE:
Red Robin
18810 E US Highway 40
Independence, MO 64055

WHEN:
Sunday, April 8th, 8:30-9am, departing around 9:30am.

Updates:

The cruise is a little shorter than last year (around 130-150 miles), so it shouldn't take quite as long as last year's--so you should be able to go in the AM and make it home before any Easter goodness (hopefully!) :)

We will be meeting at Red Robin once again around 8:30. I believe we will be departing around 9:30am. My pops and my brother will be driving the route tomorrow, so I will be able to confirm the times tomorrow. I wouldn't think the drive would last any more than two hours for anyone who needed to jet out for Easter stuff.

I may stop by but probally can't do the drive. Recently damaged some suspension and oil pan so can't do the "spirited" driving. I'm still waiting on getting the damages repaired by the city due to uneven roads and a manhole protruding from the street.

Last edited:
Back