• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ARCAN XL2T Floor Jack

Originally I had two aluminum floor jacks. The 1 1/2 ton had begun to leak so I dumped it. I wanted to have two so that I could easily jack up the front or rear of the car. The aluminum one I kept is a 2 1/2 ton very much like the Harbor Freight you mentioned. I wanted the second one to give me even a lower profile. The new one is steel and it is heavy but really strong and does a great job. The only sad thing is that I have gotten older over the years and less inclined to work on cars. Oh well.....

... The only sad thing is that I have gotten older over the years and less inclined to work on cars. Oh well.....

I'm in the same boat. Being over 50 I find it difficult to be on the floor working on a car. I'm now content on taking all of my cars to either the dealer or and independent shop.

I've had 15 years of trouble free service from the griots al jack

Keep in mind there are not too many floor jacks that can go down to a low profile 2 3/4 inches and then can lift up to 24 inches. The 2 3/4 inch will even fit a lowered NC1.

yep that is the biggest difference in jacks besides weight rating .

I have this Arcan floor jack and love it. It fits under my lowered NSX. I don’t have to drive on wood planks anymore. It’s really heavy though, about 100lbs

Yea for sure it is heavy. But it works flawlessly so far. My aluminum jack would twist a fraction of an inch and then not easily lower. I thought this was only with my small 1 1/2 ton aluminum jack which I just tossed. But the other day when I was using both to pick up the rear of the car the 2 1/2 ton aluminum jack seemed to torque a bit and would not easily drop down. It could have been that I first used the aluminum jack on one side then used the new Arcan jack for the other side. Lifting this heavy car could have shifted the weight slightly and impacted the aluminum jack. I lowered the Arcan first and then the aluminum jack. Anyway I now have a really great floor jack. What I would really like to have is a lift. I fear I do not have the width in the garage to accommodate one.

I found this floor jack after a bit of searching. It has a very low profile 2 3/4 inches and can lift up to 24 inches. It is heavy, however I found that my aluminum jack tended not to be very stable.https://bestfloorjackguide.com/arcan-xl2t-low-profile/
+1 for the XL2T. Best $200 I've ever spent.

I have this Arcan floor jack and love it. It fits under my lowered NSX. I don’t h. ave to drive on wood planks anymore. It’s really heavy though, about 100lbs
Everything Jimmy said, lol.

The true low lift/low profile of this jack makes it shine.

But yes, it is heavy as crap!
2-man/team lift or you'll hurt yourself.

Back