• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are CT engineering sway bars stiffer than the type R?

CT-Engineering lists their sway bars as "300% stiffer than stock in the middle setting". So is this stiffer than the factory Type R bar? it looks it looking at both parts in my hand.

Right now it looks like 4 options are available for the car:

1. Type R bar

2. CT engineering bars:

140-145.jpg

3. Science of speed bars:

anti-sway_bars.jpg

anti-sway_bars_end.jpg

4. Dali bars:

Track:
swaybars-1991-track-street-race.im.jpg

Trophy:

trophy-swaybars-pair.image.jpg

looks like the CTE and the SOS are the same. 300%, middle setting.

Then Dali has the track bars as 500% stiffer, and trophy bars as 600% stiffer.

I plan to throw the CTE on my car at the stiffest front setting and the rear as the loosest for now, being I also have 1000/600 pound springs. I am hoping this is enough.

I will report back from the track, but I am hoping the CTE is stiffer than the R bar.

something tells me the r bar is only 150% stiffer than stock, so I agree with your plan.

Doc any idea if the middle setting is 300% what the stiffest setting might be?

I think Comptech's own pro suspension was also 1000/600 so maybe these bars are a good match. I was close to getting other bars or getting a used CTE set from 1K2go but Nate really took care of me for helping him with the CTSC GB and gave me a great deal on these so I figured just try them and see. What do you think of my plan of stiffest front and softest rear? I have a track day on the 12th.

from what i recall the poundage of stiffness for each hole is only about 60...so not a hole lot....get it.......:smile: I would concure with your plan for your next track day.Where is it?

New Hampshire Motor Speedway. It's a smaller track so I don't build the same speeds as WGI. But now I have NT01's on which I have never had on this track.

Last edited:
I have the CT bars (the old silver, non-adjustable ones from the 90's) front and rear and my car is perfectly neutral. Feels similar to Type R.

New Hampshire Motor Speedway. It's a smaller track so I don't build the same speeds as WGI. But now I have NT01's on which I have never had on this track.

is that a roval

No it has 12 turns. It uses part of the NASCAR oval for the straights so you go on and off both straights of the oval. They don't normally allow use of the banked ovals although I got it once and it is pretty fun. Talk about a long sweeper.

Here's an interesting comparison table from the Dali site: http://daliracing.com/v666-5/info/article_read.cfm?articleID=884

Interesting.... it's a bit dated and a lot of newer bars are missing but still some good information. Thank you. Looks like Comptech and Dali were both tightening up the rear more than the front.

This is so all over the place... some guys remove the rear bar... and here we have comptech and Dali both stiffening the rear more than the front.

Last edited:
Back