• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are there any other dudes out there that love cats?

Taken by rwdforlife. Have a link to his post in my post above. Agreed, awesome pic!

^My 15 year-old Siamese, Zoro. He's 100% blind but he still catches birds once in a while using sound to locate them. This photo was taken before he was blind, about 4 years ago.

^Crystal. She's almost 14 years-old. When my kids (now almost 25, and 26 years-old) were young, I asked them if they wanted to stop and look at a pet store when we were out. They did but they wanted to get another cat. We only had Zoro then, along with 2 German Shepherds. I told them we could get another cat on one condition; It had to have blue eyes. I figured it was safe to assume no cats in the store would have blue eyes. They were just kittens that people paid the store to take off their hands, to find homes. Well, Crystal was there and she had blue eyes. She came home with us.

On July 16, 2013, I put down my beloved Siamese, Zoro. He was 16 1/2 years-old and so skinny and wobbly. When he quit eating I knew it was time. :frown: I think he would have died on his own in a couple days had I not put him down.

That same day, I started volunteering at the Foothill Ranch, CA Petsmart. I am the Tuesday night volunteer who tends to the Forever Home Cat Rescue kittens. It was just a coincidence that I started the same day as Zoro died. As much as I love cats in general, after volunteering there with an assortment of sweet kittens, over the past 3 months, I realized that I prefer a Siamese.

Crystal, my furry girl, pictured above, has changed a lot being the only cat in the house! She's become much more affectionate and is always with me if she's not asleep. But still, I want another more intelligent, active cat.

^Zoro's last evening. He was so skinny.

^Another of Zoro's last evening.

^One more of Zoro's last evening.

^At the vet. I held him as he died on July 16, 2013. I held it together until I got in my car and then I just wailed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought I'd get another Seal-point Siamese but it's been hard to find one that is wedge head and not apple head. Then it occurred to me that I always wanted a Bengal but couldn't afford one. Well, like the NSX, now I can.

Last week, I drove to a breeder in Nipomo, CA and picked out a girl Bengal kitten. I won't get to take her home until early December. I know they are super active and intelligent cats. I also know Crystal is not playful and wasn't even when she was a kitten. So I decided I'd look for a second kitten, but a Seal-point Siamese, so the Bengal would have a playmate. I got on a waiting list for a litter of "Modern" or wedge heads, in Oregon but that one won't be available until January, IF I get one.

I looked on Craigslist and found some just 4 miles away from my house. I ended up bringing home a male, yesterday. What does he look like? I can't get a photo of him because he's been hiding deep under the area by my stairs. I hope his curiosity overtakes his fright soon so I can soothe him. He's eating and using the cat box. My son has a scaredy cat, Remy, and that is what I'm afraid of in a cat. It never comes out of hiding until night time. Won't give or take affection. Not good.

^The two Bengal kittens I narrowed my choice down to from the four I had to choose from. I chose the one on the right. I didn't care if I got a male or a female.

^The back of one of the girls but I don't know which one.

^The kitten I chose. She was falling asleep on my shoulder. I'm naming her Talia, when I get her in December. Another NSX buddy, Gene, aka jukngene, in Delaware, came up with the name. He also found me my NSX. :smile:

Last edited:
^^^So sorry to hear your loss of Zoro, he was a beautiful Siamese. I had to read the whole post and it was just tearing me up inside, I lost my precious Misty (chocolate Point) last year @ 8.5 years old and she was my best friend and we lost her way too soon. I am glad you have found some new friends the Bengal kitty look very cute and I am sure your new Seal Point kitten will come around and love here new play mate when she arrives.

I ear you about Apple shaped vs wedge heads as this is the type we prefer as well, they are just so beautiful. Here is the latest of my brood taking an afternoon snooze.

Then the 3 seal points together.....yes........they are spoiled rotten.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001411SK0

Ok cat peoples. Mine had some issues recently requiring increased litter visits each day due to diabetes. Was an extreme bummer for me to deal with cleaning sticky yucky litter daily and his having to deal with increased grooming needs and subsequent ingestion of litter in his paws and occasional vommitting etc.

Tried this stuff and he took to it immediately. No more yuckola litter. There are some minor trade offs but overall this has been such a good move. Highly recommended... Nsxprime has brought me lots of joy over the past 3 years, YMMV but I hope this pays some good back and helps some of yinz with yuckola litter issues.

Last edited:
^^^So sorry to hear your loss of Zoro, he was a beautiful Siamese. I had to read the whole post and it was just tearing me up inside, I lost my precious Misty (chocolate Point) last year @ 8.5 years old and she was my best friend and we lost her way too soon. I am glad you have found some new friends the Bengal kitty look very cute and I am sure your new Seal Point kitten will come around and love here new play mate when she arrives.

I hear you about Apple shaped vs wedge heads as this is the type we prefer as well, they are just so beautiful. Here is the latest of my brood taking an afternoon snooze.

Then the 3 seal points together.....yes........they are spoiled rotten.
I love your Siamese kitties!! They're gorgeous. The kitten I got isn't a good representation of seal-points with some milky coloring in his paws, like his daddy had. My daughter is a zoo keeper at the Sacramento, CA Zoo, and she called me after seeing my Facebook posts about the trouble with my kitten. She's given me some suggestions to make the transition easier for the kitten. He's been here about 27 hours and is extremely frightened.

I love your Siamese kitties!! They're gorgeous. The kitten I got isn't a good representation of seal-points with some milky coloring in his paws, like his daddy had. My daughter is a zoo keeper at the Sacramento, CA Zoo, and she called me after seeing my Facebook posts about the trouble with my kitten. She's given me some suggestions to make the transition easier for the kitten. He's been here about 27 hours and is extremely frightened.

We introduced the 3 new kittens to our 2 8.5 year old girls and it was fairly easy. We kept them isolated in my room for about 2 weeks w/ a baby gate where the girls could smell them and see them and vice versa and after that they came out and became more friendly and all have their own unique personalities. 29 days after bringing them home all 5 were sleeping together so the transition went well. A rule of thumb with new kittens into a home w/ established cats (single adult car is hard) is always have more than 1 kitten, b/c all they do is want to play and the adults do not want to as much so them having a play mate makes it easier.

I am sure the new kitten will come around and the sooner the bengal comes home the better......Good luck :)

Went visit my cousin in Anchorage. I wanted to bring this little guy home! How you call a kitten cute......while trying to sound like A MAN!!!!!!!!
Made want another bengal kitten immediately!! Extremely loving! Since he is a male I trying to convince my cousin to buy him blue nail covers, but she wanted him to be pretty!! Aint it shame animals can be more loving than people?

tevara8u.jpg

u5y2yhyr.jpg

Last edited:
Went visit my cousin in Anchorage. I wanted to bring this little guy home! How you call a kitten cute......while trying to sound like A MAN!!!!!!!!
Made want another bengal kitten immediately!! Extremely loving! Since he is a male I trying to convince my cousin to buy him blue nail covers, but she wanted him to be pretty!! Aint it shame animals can be more loving than people?

tevara8u.jpg

u5y2yhyr.jpg

His eyes are huge!

I want to share a great quality, decently priced cat post with you all. I saw some great cat posts when I went to the Bengal breeder I bought from and asked her where she got them. I ended up ordering one from Amazon and put it together on Halloween night, between Trick-Or-Treaters. The directions were easy to follow and it went together easily. I think it's a great buy. Armarkat Premium Cat Tree Model X7805, Goldenrod. I paid $144.99 plus CA sales tax but it looks like it's now $137.57. If you go into a Petsmart you'll pay closer to $200 for an inferior product.

^The box I received next to my old re-carpeted cat post.

^Some of the parts.

^The directions.

^Hardware.

^A photo of the bottom of it at about half-way done, to show the construction.

^All done.

^All done.

My cat would prefer the box the stuff came in. ; - )

Finally, my little Zion is warming up. I've had him for 3 1/2 weeks. He started by waking me up at 3:30 AM meowing his head off, on Friday night. He let me pet him! Then again, on Saturday (11-16-2013) he let me pet him while I watched TV. He's even on the cat post I assembled, as I type. Yay! Today, I even got to brush him. I'm so glad he's finally getting more friendly. :smile:

^My old cat, Crystal, still isn't interested in being his buddy.

^That's just a flower part on his butt.

Kitten rescue :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5fVusgCVkPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I ever get another cat, a Bengal would be high on my list. Beautiful cats and by all accounts very intelligent and personable.

Same here. Did you get to meet the kitten before you bought it? I don't think I have any local breeders. I can't afford one anyway, but I like to think about the logistics and pretend I could :)

there shoudl be a cats with NSX thread we have one for girls+ NSX's why not.

I am a dog lover not so much cats but have had a few in my life.

here is a list of my cats theifers, rat cat, fat cat, nubs, girly girl,

rat cat was a stray we picked up, it killed rats almost every night left them at our back door. he disapeared one day we thought " hit by car " about 3 months pass
he shows up at our door near death someone had tied him to a tree with string and let him suffer he only lived a few days after we got him back but he made it home
to say goodbye. so sad. he did have children so they still continue the tradition with the mice/rats. but now they have befriended the damn squirels so now there are squirels laying with the cats at the back door eating the cat food with them I think they just gave up killing them LOL made peace with each other.

I want to share a great quality, decently priced cat post with you all. I saw some great cat posts when I went to the Bengal breeder I bought from and asked her where she got them. I ended up ordering one from Amazon and put it together on Halloween night, between Trick-Or-Treaters. The directions were easy to follow and it went together easily. I think it's a great buy. Armarkat Premium Cat Tree Model X7805, Goldenrod. I paid $144.99 plus CA sales tax but it looks like it's now $137.57. If you go into a Petsmart you'll pay closer to $200 for an inferior product.

I've had a similar cat post made by the same company, for about 2 years and it is holding up very well. Great post, especially for the price.

^This was on Oct. 16, 2013, when I picked the kitten and she was 4 1/2 weeks old.

Same here. Did you get to meet the kitten before you bought it? I don't think I have any local breeders. I can't afford one anyway, but I like to think about the logistics and pretend I could :)

^Yes, I did. The breeder is about 225 miles from me and I drove up to meet her and see her cattery when the litter was 4 1/2 weeks old. By process of elimination, I chose my kitten and Karen, the breeder, took photos of her so she'd know which one I picked when I came back to get her. My kitten, Talia, was expensive at $1,500 but she's a dream come true just like getting an NSX is.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a similar cat post made by the same company, for about 2 years and it is holding up very well. Great post, especially for the price.

^Good to know. So far, my cats aren't into it. I'm hoping the Bengal loves it and that gets the Siamese interested. Right now, a string on a stick is the hit of the house. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm always afraid that the personality of a cat when you meet it as a kitten isn't indicative of how it will be when it's older. We have 4 cats but we went through a lot to get the most recent two. We adopted two kittens (drove 300 miles round trip to rescue them from a dump, they were sick and we got them healthy), very lap-catish and friendly and 2 months later they were scaredy cats wanting nothing to do with the kids (the kids are VERY nice to the cats and worship all of them). We found them new homes (we used to be a foster home for a shelter, so pretty used to this), adopted another two and we now have 4 great cats that all get along, but still the newest two aren't lap catty, but they are each good in their own way. Not as good as the first two but it would scare me to pay $1500 for a cat and end up with a cat that wants nothing to do with me :)

This is our youngest, Crystal. We believe she's a Maine Coon. Very smart, very feisty and at two years old is still growing.

1385151657-clip-49kb.jpg

Last edited:
I would hate to spend $1500 for an unfriendly cat, too! I think when you're rescuing a cat you have greater odds of that than when you get a kitten from a responsible, caring breeder. The breeder I bought from socializes her kittens from an early age. The Siamese kitten I got a month ago for $150 was not socialized at all. I've been working to help him relax and become happy. It's paying off but I'm hoping for more progress, still.

- - - Updated - - -

I may not adopt rescue cats but I do volunteer every Tuesday night for a cat rescue.

Dang that Bengal is awesome. Though I would rather adopt rescue cats, there are several I breeds would love to have and that one is high on my list.

Back