• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are there any other dudes out there that love cats?

Ugh...just found out that the biopsy shows Mushu has adenocarcinoma...and they want him to start chemotherapy on Monday.
Oh, I'm so sorry, Erik. :(

It seems like you're in one of those times in life where there must be a test going on to see how much shit you can take. I understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Pussy?

Negative Ghost rider:

toxoplasmosis

Yeah, and how many people do you know that ever got it or knew anyone that got it? :confused: I wasn't supposed to clean the cat box when I was prego. Ha! As if my (then) husband would do that dirty deed. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am on immuno suppressants (Enbrel shots) and I will not be a happy camper if I have to live without cat(s).

^Talia, 12-8-2013.

^Zion and Talia, 12-8-2013.

^Zion and Talia, 12-9-2013.

^All three of my cats; Crystal, Zion and Talia. 12-23-2013.

^Zion and Talia, 12-7-2013.

Yeah, and how many people do you know that ever got it or knew anyone that got it? :confused: I wasn't supposed to clean the cat box when I was prego. Ha! As if my (then) husband would do that dirty deed. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am on immuno suppressants (Enbrel shots) and I will not be a happy camper if I have to live without cat(s).

You now know at least one. I would not wish it on anyone. It has been very troubling all my life and current treatment options suck to say the least.

I like Cats, but will never allow one in my house for this very reason.

It seems like you're in one of those times in life where there must be a test going on to see how much shit you can take. I understand.

I misunderstood about the chemo...I needed to take Mushu to see the oncologist that day, but for a consultation...and then we scheduled an aspiration of his lymph nodes for this Monday. Got the results today and it is not good. They found more masses, carcinoma in the lymph nodes, inoperable. He now has to go in for a cat-scan...and will need to go through both radiation and chemotherapy.

And, as I've said before, he seems to be acting perfectly normal and happy (aside from the cone he's been forced to wear since the surgery). This is really upsetting.

Meeko, on the other hand, is not eating as much as I would like...and is staying in the cage more than I would like. That said, I'm glad he is comfortable in the cage. Once Mushu's radiation and chemo starts, I won't be able to let the boys share litter and food anyway. :(

Ever since the cone came off, Mushu has been acting as if nothing was ever wrong with him. He is back to his normal routine. He enthusiastically eats as much as he ever does. He still scavenges and tries to get to Meeko's food (he even reaches through the bars of the cage we have been using to keep the boys separated). He's still hanging out with us on our sofa (staying on his favorite blanket) or sleeping with us in bed. His tail is straight up as he walks around. He purrs instantly when given any attention.

BUT bad news seems to accompany each vet/oncologist visit. Today, he had a CT Scan that revealed more masses in lymph nodes around his belly and kidneys. The oncologist no longer recommends radiation, suggesting we go straight to chemo. For once I wish I could get some encouraging news.

1525736_10203027327623364_1574016728_n.jpg

Ever since the cone came off, Mushu has been acting as if nothing was ever wrong with him. He is back to his normal routine. He enthusiastically eats as much as he ever does. He still scavenges and tries to get to Meeko's food (he even reaches through the bars of the cage we have been using to keep the boys separated). He's still hanging out with us on our sofa (staying on his favorite blanket) or sleeping with us in bed. His tail is straight up as he walks around. He purrs instantly when given any attention.

BUT bad news seems to accompany each vet/oncologist visit. Today, he had a CT Scan that revealed more masses in lymph nodes around his belly and kidneys. The oncologist no longer recommends radiation, suggesting we go straight to chemo. For once I wish I could get some encouraging news.
He's such a handsome boy. Has the vet given you any info regarding the success rate of chemo for his condition? Are you for sure going to do chemo?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zsl_auoGuy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gleibig, that's great fun! I can't keep a smile off my face, watching it. I'll be sharing that all over the internet. Thank you!

Latest pic of 4 of them, the other adult Seal Point was being anti-social today.

Mushu is at the oncologist, receiving his first round of chemo. The oncologist says Mushu shouldn't experience side-effects, if any, for 2-5 days. And he'll be going in for 8 treatments spaced 21 days apart. I really hope he does well.

I snapped this shot of him this morning. You'd never know he was sick:
008_5DII_38674-X3.jpg

Hey Bob, did you adopt a kitten?

The latest on Mushu is that the week following his first round of chemo has been thankfully uneventful. He still acts as happy and healthy as always. Crossing fingers that this will continue to be the case over the next six months of treatments.

Hey Bob, did you adopt a kitten?

The latest on Mushu is that the week following his first round of chemo has been thankfully uneventful. He still acts as happy and healthy as always. Crossing fingers that this will continue to be the case over the next six months of treatments.

Yes, adopted as a christmas present.

This is Lily:

i-dVtKRf3-L.jpg

Good luck with Mushu. Animals can be amazing "fighters". I remember carrying my 9 year old maltese pup into the AMC e/r as she was dying in my arms due to sudden advanced heart disease. She came home 48 hours later with a pacemaker. Within a week she was back to normal but now battery operated (seemed appropriate to me for a toy breed......).

She was diagnosed with diabetes at age 11 and became insulin dependent (twice daily). At the age of 12 1/2 she was diagnosed with Cushings Disease and was given an optimistic 18 months because of her underlying heart and diabetic issues. One morning she just closed her eyes for the last time.

She was 17 years old.

Keep loving Mushu and be strong for him and hopefully he has a lot of fight in him.

Last edited:
Latest few of my boys.

Miko bird watching while half asleep, yes he knows he is cute.

The 3 boys waiting for a fort to stay warm....and yes Miko likes to be the center of attention.

Cat curling.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/evNi4_2qHPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Talia, my Bengal, was 4 months old on Feb. 13, 2014.

^Yes, it's true. Bengal cats love to be as high as they can in the house. No other cat in my house has ever tried to walk on a curtain rod.

^In a box that's on a chair. Naturally.

^Bird watching.

^Talia and big brother, Zion.

^Oops. The rod end pulled out. What now, Talia?

^Can she save herself?

^It's not looking too good.

^She's gonna fall.

^Bengal acrobatics.

^She made it!

^This was on 2-13-2014 and she hasn't ventured onto that rod again. The other ones, yes, but not that one. Smart :cat: .

^On her cat wheel. Sometimes she'll really get going on it.

I love that song!! I always remember that song but not the rest of the movie. Siamese really are high energy too, usually. The boy I have now is kinda lazy, for one. He'll play with Talia but sleep a lot too, with Crystal.

Erik, how are your kitties doing?

Erik, how are your kitties doing?

Mushu has had some loose stools, but otherwise continues to seem completely unphased by his chemo treatments.

1015435_10203085886927310_1500831731_o.jpg

018_5DII_38701-X2.jpg

I have to keep the boys separated for 48 hours after Mushu's chemo session. That doesn't stop Mushu from trying to get some of Meeko's food (I had to put up a cardboard barrier to stop this).

Meeko has improved dramatically since I started administering sub-Q fluids and allowing him to eat pretty much whatever he wants to eat. He's back to a weight he hasn't been in a long time...and he is as affectionate as ever. The stones aren't going away, but at least he's enjoying life again.

1598530_10203274189994769_1188674682_o.jpg

Meeko actually likes the cage a lot. He would rather finish his meals in there than where I normally feed him...probably because he knows Mushu can't get to his food.

030_5DII_38712-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Back