• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are you getting the H1N1 shot?

Are there any long term effects from particularly bad cases of H1N1? I supposedly suffered some damage in my lungs from when I had pneumonia as a child. I wasn't told until I was a teenager after some sort of scan confirmed I didn't have any scar tissue. I can't recall if the Spanish Flu epidemic resulted in any long term issues for generations of that era.

certain viruses have a prediliction for certain parts(cells) of our bodies,while others don't.The morbitity/mortality of this strain seems to be its effects on the lungs.http://www.themedguru.com/20090910/...infect-cells-deeper-lungs-study-86127599.html long term I can't say but in general people recover from the flu completly unless the effects of the flue cause some other issues like in the very young or old.

hi HTN,

My wife is 7 months pregnant as well and just got the shot a few weeks ago. It was pretty difficult to find. She was very nervous about getting it as well. She is completely fine though and has had no side effects. There was a story in our local paper recently about a pregnant woman who caught swine flu back in June and spent 4 months in the hospital and lost her baby. It seems like it can be a very nasty virus.

That is so unfortunate. Like Doc said, we are staying clear from people for the time being.

Back