• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ARGH!! Car broken into...

I know the feeling, but my loss was a little lower on the monitary scale. I have a 2000 Civic Si, was broken into and had 2k worth of stereo/random junk stolen, then the car was stolen the very next night. It was found, minus one ignition, the same night. About 3 months later it was stolen again. This time it was found in a lot worse shape. Took 15k to restore the car to original and the blue book was 16, so the insurance company refused to write it off as a complete loss. Ended up costing them more money to fix it. As far as your X goes, very sorry to hear it, those smash and grab jobs are very hard to stop, and it would be fine if they just took stuff.. but they always wreck stuff too. There should be some kind of car theif SWAT team that's sole purpose is to investigate and harm anyone from the NSX theif to the tire popper. :smile:

THE4TH said:
There should be some kind of car theif SWAT team that's sole purpose is to investigate and harm anyone from the NSX theif to the tire popper. :smile:

I'd recommend the "taping the hands to the steering wheel, operate with knife and cigarette lighter" method from the movie man on fire as a good start..,

SilverOne said:
I'd recommend the "taping the hands to the steering wheel, operate with knife and cigarette lighter" method from the movie man on fire as a good start..,

I think that would be a good start. But what about the special explosive suppository as depicted in the movie? :D

Wow sorry the hear about that. People are out of their minds.

The sad fact is that even with an alarm they would've probably at least made off with the detector and still your window would have been busted.

Maybe the best thing to do is not leave any valuables in the car. I try not too if I can.

Anyway. Sorry to hear your having to deal with this. :mad:

Back