• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ARK exhaust tarnished?!

My (relatively) new ARK exhaust seems to be turning a brownish color.:confused: It's the whole exhaust, not just the tips. Is this normal? Is this repairable?

Alloy Metal

It is a very common trait for stainless steel, and other alloy metals, to turn blue-gold-brown with heat.

Some metals polish out, but require repeated polishing.

Other metals permanently tarnish.

DRZZZ said:
My (relatively) new ARK exhaust seems to be turning a brownish color.:confused: It's the whole exhaust, not just the tips. Is this normal? Is this repairable?

Don't worry... It's supposed to do that!...

Mine did the same, turned a blueish-brown in some areas of higher heat. :rolleyes: But the tips are still normal looking. Unless its rusting, I wouldn't worry to much about it, metal polish might at least get your tips looking good?

You can use Eagle One Chrome and Wire Wheel cleaner to remove the tarnish, and it may not ever come back. It depends on the metal. It can be due to the oils in the process being baked out the first time it gets hot.

Spray the stuff on, let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes, then use a kitchen scrub pad to clean it off.

Chrome_Wire_Cleaner.jpg

Back