• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Armrest emblem refinish

Hi guys,

My NSX DOHC emblem in the center armrest is a bit scuffed up and what looks a bit like a top layer of clearcoat (?) is a little scratched off. Anyone know if the emblem is aluminium or plastic and what's the easiest to refinish it?

For reference the P/N: 83410-SL0-A01

It looks like it may still be available from Japan for less than $50. It may be worth just replacing rather than the time and effort of trying to refinish. Just my $.02.

I would dismount, use a file to smooth it up and use nail polish to repaint as required. It should be made of aluminum.

EDIT: running the emblem over a flat sheet of sandpaper should restore the "grain" better than a wide file.

Last edited:
Thanks for the opinions - you're probably right, just figured it was a nice idea and in the spirit of DIY to keep the one that had been with the car since new.

Thanks for the opinions - you're probably right, just figured it was a nice idea and in the spirit of DIY to keep the one that had been with the car since new.

I was going to do this job on my prior NSX. It is a brushed aluminum piece with a clearcoat of paint. My plan was to strip the clearcoat, "re-grain" the aluminum by running it over a piece of fine sandpaper, and then re-clearing it. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

I’m working on my own emblem. After going jswap it bother me that it says DOHC vtec and now it’s SOHC vtec so finally got around in making new one. I just need to get vin number engraved on the bottom or Senna signature. Still undecided.

42af4b4039e0408218982736a8256edf.plist
bb32ce22d65d50088a458f5d6549755a.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice! I'm looking into making one that is titanium!!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Back