• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ashtray removal

I feel foolish asking this, because I've had the ashtray out before. However, I can't seem to get it out this time. Are there clips holding it in place somewhere? I checked the manual and all it says is " remove ashtray". Any tips?

Make sure the door is all the way up, out of the way. I have had then drop a little sometimes. If it is all the way up, then wrap a medium flat screwdriver with a cloth. Wedge it in on the lower right side, on the side not the bottom. Just carefully work it a little:). I have also had a few stubborn one's.

HTH,
LarryB

Make sure the door is all the way up, out of the way. I have had then drop a little sometimes. If it is all the way up, then wrap a medium flat screwdriver with a cloth. Wedge it in on the lower right side, on the side not the bottom. Just carefully work it a little:). I have also had a few stubborn one's.

HTH,
LarryB

PERFECT...
Listen to Larry! Don't force anthing!

I love the 7 year bump response like it was yesterday.:biggrin: how did he do that...

I love the 7 year bump response like it was yesterday.:biggrin: how did he do that...

I hit on the right/perfect answer after a little searching and I figured it was EXACTLY what was needed...so I thought I'd acknowledge Larry's expertise to a new generation of owners.

you sir are doing it correctly :biggrin:

5 year bump -

Just ran into this issue.

One piece of advice: the door will push down on the ashtray clip when you push the door up further passed its normal stopping point. This will push the ashtray out and it will slide right out.

HaHa and I'm still here....

Back