• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Assistant is needed, 1999 Acura NSX Zanardi Edition 2002 with 14k miles

Taj

Experienced Member
Fellow members,

I've been serching for a late model coupe (1998-2001) with no luck. How much is the 1999 Acura NSX Zanardi with 14k miles worth ? I need your opion and help to whether I should pursue this vehicle and the asking price is $60k. My ball park figure is about $54k. It is listed in Auto Trader.

There really isnt a demand for the Zanardi coupes. I think you should just offer your 54.

AaronR,

This was from Texas and sold to Southern Ca in Aug 2002. It is supposed to be # 35.

Taj said:
Fellow members,

I've been serching for a late model coupe (1998-2001) with no luck. How much is the 1999 Acura NSX Zanardi with 14k miles worth ? I need your opion and help to whether I should pursue this vehicle and the asking price is $60k. My ball park figure is about $54k. It is listed in Auto Trader.

taj, i don't understand your title....what's with the 2002?

"2002" is a cut and paste error and I wasn't aware of it until the message was posted. I need more input from you NSX nuts.

IMHO, if it's been on the market for a while, you have nothing to loose and all to gain by making the offer. If they take you get a great deal, if not, it's about how bad you want the car. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. (Personally I like coupes :) ) FYI, if you're into performance there is a '98 & a '99 with Comptech goodies on ebay right now with a reserve of $58K. If your looking at it as a collector's item, like Net Viper said, they don't seem to be a high demand for them, but you never know what kind of demand they'll hold in the future being a limited production. Jus' my $.02......Goood Luck!!!

I'll look at it next week and test drive it. One of my concern is everyday driving with the stiffer suspension. I'll give you guys my report next week.

Yes, that was when I was asking about it. All the negetive issues ended up being with the Number 41 car in Florida.

-matt

Last edited:
the only negatives I can I can think of about #35 is that I personally witnessed the damage to the wheel, which years later had not been repaired, but covered... and the amount of passing around and test drive miles being put on it. I personally did not witness or take part in any abuse to #35 but I can't say anyone else had during the two years or more that it was floating from dealer to dealer. :(

Just my .02 ...doesn't hurt to check it out thoroughly...

and yeah, 41 had some shady past... be weary. :p

scottjua said:
the only negatives I can I can think of about #35 is that I personally witnessed the damage to the wheel, which years later had not been repaired, but covered

The wheel damage isn't that bad. It is just scuff marks like you commented on before I bought it. I just looks like someone parked to close to the curb one day and scraped the wheel on the curb. That is bound to happen sooner or later because of the way the wheels are made. (Zanardi wheel spokes stick out a good inch past the tire width, dumb disign).

I didn't mind so much because I wasn't buyin a show car, I was buying a car to drive.

I'm not looking for a Zanardi. It happens to have low mileage and I prefer a coupe. I don't like noise and rattle generated from the top (there is the right noise and the wrong noise).

There are a lot of NSX listings out there and I'll find the best deal and car for me. If I have the need for speed, I can go 0-150-0 on my gixxer faster than almost any production cars in the world. NSX is a passion and I enjoy the engineering aspect of the car more than any spec. on paper.

Thank for all the info especially scottjua and hopefully I'll be NSXing in couple weeks.

Any more info ? Anyone, anyone.........

Taj

so you own #35 now? Where did you actually pick it up from? Interesting...

ever since I drove it and my wife drove it...(which she fell in love with how easy it was to drive...and was astonished when I later told her it didn't hav epower steering) I have been trying to follow it...like we were friends unable to unite again...damn the economy! At least it's found a good home...

But yeah the wheel damage was not bad, but still pretty stupid of them...it was careless of someone and didn't need to happen at all. In fact I still can't fathom how they would have done it...all they did was move the car from one part of their lot to another...

I had a rearview mirror replaced (it had a cloudy appearance)and a new speaker installed in this car in September 2002. The wheel scrape is minimal and the car was in great shape then. Oh, and I have a few pictures I had taken for Matt.
Susan

No. I have not got it.

If I don't have any luck, I might have to settle for a new E46 M3. I priced one out with a dealer a week ago for $58,000 OTD @ MSRP, no discount, 6 years 100k miles factory warrantee on the engine (blown engine issue) and 4 years 50k miles maintenance included. It would also save me couple thousand bucks.

I am ready to jump on any good NSX deal, and in today's economy, it is a buyer's market.

Zanardi IS the common C32 coupe !

Taj said:
I'm not looking for a Zanardi. It happens to have low mileage and I prefer a coupe. I don't like noise and rattle generated from the top (there is the right noise and the wrong noise).
For the 97+ (3.2L 6-speed) fixed-roof coupe, the 99 Zanardi actually IS more common -- they had 50 available in the US -- than the "regular" C32 NSX coupe.

That having said, there are a LOT of listings out there, but a 97+ coupe is a rare bird, particularly in colors other than red. AFAIK these were all dealer special-order situations. Yep, and on a dry, sunny, warm day, your gixxer will kill every one of them speed-wise.

Is there any info (production/sales volumes, etc) on these special-order cars ?

Re: Zanardi IS the common C32 coupe !

nsx1164 said:
For the 97+ (3.2L 6-speed) fixed-roof coupe, the 99 Zanardi actually IS more common ...than the "regular" C32 NSX coupe.

Is there any info (production/sales volumes, etc) on these special-order cars ?
Yes. Looks like 97 saw 4 coupes. Look here.

Where does the "C32" come from? Usually the factory reps refer the model by the 6th to 8th digit of the VIN. Acura 3.5 RL would be a "965", RSX Type S "530"....etc.

After talking to Acura Parts Dept, engine designation C32 is being used in numerous vehicle models such as Legend, old 3.2 TL and also the NSX.

Back