• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

aston martin vanquish for NSX

who would trade outright right now for one. both paid for.

While I prefer what the NSX offers I've got a soft spot for the Vanquish. It's a hell of a car and I'd have to say I'd trade a 2005 NSX for it straight across-with the caveat that the maintenance costs were capped to NSX levels. Obviously I have no interest in paying the ridiculous cost for service and repairs.

I'd have to suck up the fact it's a bucket of bolts but I would have a lot of fun with it and it's a very cool car.

My dad has one with the Driving Dynamics pack, it's awesome for what it is... but still no NSX to drive. Totally different cars, so impossible to compare. The Vanquish is clearly better looking and has an awesome engine, but it's a pure GT.

If i were to have only one car then i'd choose the Vanquish, if costs were irrelevant.

04 or newer?

My dad has one with the Driving Dynamics pack, it's awesome for what it is... but still no NSX to drive. Totally different cars, so impossible to compare. The Vanquish is clearly better looking and has an awesome engine, but it's a pure GT.

I would be interested in a comparison between the two from someone who has driven both. I think the Vanquish is a beautiful car with that typical British understatement that Italian and German cars simply lack.
I'd also be interested just how much that AM costs in terms of maintenance and in its reliability as well.

There are a few NSX owners who also own a Vanquish ..... I know because I just sold custom floor mats for a Vanquish. If you thought the NSX OEM floor mats are expensive, the AM ones with logo cost $750 ..... !

And yes, they are different cars but the beauty of a DB9 or Vanquish is hard to match. If you are looking beyond the GT models, look at their DBS .......

I've wanted one of these for years and just passed on a local great deal earlier this year. They've become much cheaper over the years and a local had one in the Portland area. I finally let go after realizing that the maintenance cost could and would eat me alive. Keep in mind that you are maintaining a British vehicle with their typical reliability. And when you go to buy those replacement parts 1. almost exclusive dealer items for everything! 2. Small dealer network (My closest is in Seattle).

I got rid of my 2000 M5 for the same reason. Loved the car but the probability of repair and the costs associated with them were beyond what I've been used to. I could have kept it but compared to my NSX experience... just felt like a poor decision. I was constantly reading about double vanos problems at about $3k a side (M5 forums). This was on relatively low mileage vehicles. The carbon build up issues were also expensive. Some folks can stomach spending a couple of grand a year just keeping it afloat but that's just not for me. No doubt a great vehicle but for me the possible ownership nightmare stopped me dead in my tracks. Oh yea good luck finding anything like this forum for even casual ownership. I hate to admit it but I'll probably end up buying a M6 in spite of extremely poor German engineering. They just don't understand electronics.

Last edited:
There has been a thread about this car and the NSX already. Not really a comparison but ownership experience from a previous NSX owner. Jchoice is the member here who sold his NSX for a 2002 F360 and also has an AM in pearl white and cinnamon interior.

Back