• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

At what age did you buy your first NSX?

I purchased my first house at 25, and paid it off by 27, then purchased a few other investments & toys before buying my first NSX at the age of 30. I bought my second, third, and fourth NSX at age 40. :tongue:

Anyway, none of this matters. There are, and always will be, people who are younger/smarter/wealthier/better looking/more successful than any of us. A material possession is a poor indicator of someone's maturity level and character. Enjoy your NSXs in good health, no matter your age.

I agree, none of this really matters. I used to frequent Clublexus and S2ki when I had my previous cars and I'd see multiple threads such "Who's the youngest member" or "How old were you when you got your _____". Those threads were basically people just showing off and fishing for compliments. NSXprime members here are mature and knowledgeable for the most part. Lets keep it that way.

For the record I bought my 98' at age 26 this year. Did I pay it off in cash or am I barely able to make the monthly payments? Does it even matter? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm 22 and I got mine at the end of May.

My NSX has had lots of mechanical trouble big and small since I got it, and once I thought I finally had everything worked out, some guy in an S2000 rear-ended me.

We have a saying in German about how painful car ownership is. "Auto fangt mit au an". There isn't an eloquent literal translation, but it basically points out that they word for "ow" (pain) is at the beginning of the word for car ("auto"). It's a hard lesson and one I have been beaten across the face with thoroughly, comparatively early in life. Better now than later, I guess. Next time some supposedly trouble-free machine (car/plane/boat/whatever) catches my eye, I'll have learned to be a bit more cynical.

Those threads were basically people just showing off and fishing for compliments. NSXprime members here are mature and knowledgeable for the most part. Lets keep it that way.

Perhaps a greater level of remonstrance should be reserved for a person who goes on such a thread, then posts about their real estate, investment, and leisure activities, while at the same time snubbing their nose at their what they perceive to be the OP's intent.

Perhaps a greater level of remonstrance should be reserved for a person who goes on such a thread, then posts about their real estate, investment, and leisure activities, while at the same time snubbing their nose at their what they perceive to be the OP's intent.

Can someone translate this for me, into sub 120 IQ English?

How mature of you to go through all my posts :wink:. If I ever did post about those items you listed my intentions was never to show off and if you took them that way then alot could be said about your character :smile:

In a nutshell:

You shouldn't be talking about the OP since you've posted about your real estate, investment and leisure activities.

How mature of you to go through all my posts :wink:. If I ever did post about those items you listed my intentions was never to show off and if you took them that way then alot could be said about your character :smile:

LOL, I'm pretty sure scorp was referring to me and some of my posts. It's ok, I know I'm not the most liked guy around here, but I have a tough skin and I will survive somehow. :)

LOL, I'm pretty sure scorp was referring to me and some of my posts. It's ok, I know I'm not the most liked guy around here, but I have a tough skin and I will survive somehow. :)

You own the best color NSX so you are ok in my book! :biggrin:

What many of the younger respondents might not get is that many of us have had multiple sports and the NSX may not have been the first. I do find it impressive when people by their NSX new or even a couple years old as those people voted for the marque with their wallets. Today it is hard to loose as the NA1's aren't dropping anymore so spending the 25k is a no brainer.

Nothing in this thread should be negative. It was just out of my curiosity. People have certain priorities and sometimes an NSX isnt their top priority but they eventually get one some way or the other or at a later age.

u sir are my hero! paying off house at 27 is pretty much unheard of

I purchased my first house at 25, and paid it off by 27, then purchased a few other investments & toys before buying my first NSX at the age of 30. I bought my second, third, and fourth NSX at age 40. :tongue:

Anyway, none of this matters. There are, and always will be, people who are younger/smarter/wealthier/better looking/more successful than any of us. A material possession is a poor indicator of someone's maturity level and character. Enjoy your NSXs in good health, no matter your age.

Bought my 1991 Black/ivory in Oklahoma in 2001 and it was a week before I turned 21. And YES, I am still enjoying the car 11 years later.:biggrin::biggrin:

(PHOEN$X, it's good to see you're a sport about a little prodding :))

After college, around age 23, I locked myself in my parents basement. Persisting on an exclusive diet of ramen noodles and pop tarts, I eschewed all social interaction while working full time and playing way too much gran turismo. Around age 26 I stumbled out of an MSG-induced coma with enough capital in my carpal-tunnel-ridden hands to comfortably afford a down payment on a foreclosed house and an NSX to park in the garage.

:wink::biggrin:

(the sad part is that's only the slightest hyperbole)

bought a '92 in 2008 @ 26, had it fully functional by 29.

Last edited:
Back