• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

At what age did you buy your first NSX?

58 going on 12. Wow I really feel old now. It's great to see how many in their 20's are owning an NSX. This blows me away that, that generation would show such an interest. My 16 year old tells me that the NSX is the holy grail of rice burners. I think that he may be right. When they first came out I couldn't justify the cost so I bought a poormans NSX , 1991 Dodge Stealth....similar lines and not a bad ever day car but certainly not the NSX. The NSX was on my list for over 20 years. I am very glad to be part of something that I consider to be quite special, cheers to all of you!!!!!!!!!!

I bought my 91 last year at age 26

My 16 year old tells me that the NSX is the holy grail of rice burners. I think that he may be right.

He is :)

I purchased mine this year at 29. But I hail from the riceboy generation of the late 90's/early 00's

Last edited:
I love this car, rice or not. I bought my first blk/blk 2002 at age 22. Then my blue/tan 2004 ctsc,turbo, and everything it is now at age 24. And no, my dad didn't buy my cars or even help for that matter. Speaking of rice, does a turbo NSX with kit and lowered mak e me king of the rice burners haha

Last edited:
Age 29. I bought my 1992 on December 23rd 2004 (merry xmas to me).

Age 36. I bought my 2000 in April this year.

I imagine the question may be a bit offensive to some on the board who may be sensitive about their age/financial status... Having said that I got mine at 27 :D

Ps - with my own hard earned dollars! (maybe op can incorporate acquisition into question as well )

Last edited:
For all of you early 20's guys who bought an NSX, how did you do it without some type of family help or some type of fortune left to you?

I didn't finish my education until I was 28. I had student loans to pay which at that time were equal to a mortgage payment on top of my existing mortgage. I couldn't afford to spend $40k+ so I waited a few years. I picked up my '94 NSX when I was 32, and it's the only NSX I've had for the past 13 years.

I

April 4th, 2012 at age 33. Could have been at age 28 had I known at the time a well preserved '91 could be had for the same price as the low mileage '06 S2000 I purchased, October 2007.

For all of you early 20's guys who bought an NSX, how did you do it without some type of family help or some type of fortune left to you?

I didn't finish my education until I was 28. I had student loans to pay which at that time were equal to a mortgage payment on top of my existing mortgage. I couldn't afford to spend $40k+ so I waited a few years. I picked up my '94 NSX when I was 32, and it's the only NSX I've had for the past 13 years.

I

I bought my 95' nearly 10 years ago at the age of 19. I worked full time at a body shop/pizzeria and was in college full time as well. I had zero help from my family/any fortune but more-so bought/sold cars for years in order to get to that point... in addition to all of my saved pizza delivery money LOL. True story. I traded my pristine E36 95' M3 at the time plus a bunch of cash for the NSX, then started modding and upgrading ever since.

Last edited:
Back