• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

At what age did you buy your first NSX?

I bought mine the day before Mother's day last year at 33.

I was on the hunt since the age of 28 or so though. Ended up buying a very good condition '91 Formula Red and haven't regretted it for a second.

For all of you early 20's guys who bought an NSX, how did you do it without some type of family help or some type of fortune left to you?

I didn't finish my education until I was 28. I had student loans to pay which at that time were equal to a mortgage payment on top of my existing mortgage. I couldn't afford to spend $40k+ so I waited a few years. I picked up my '94 NSX when I was 32, and it's the only NSX I've had for the past 13 years.

I

I was 15 when I started my local newspaper ad for fixing computers, I used my bicycle to move around and I had all my CDs in a backpack. I worked through high school and because I was doing very good I graduated earlier. I went to a community college(big mistake) and because I worked plus I moved on to fixing cellphones which made me more money I didn't have any loans, I actually saved a lot during that time. I got out of school after I turned 20 (I only did 2 of computer networking) and started my own cellphone repair shop just before my 21st birthday, 18 months later I paid cash for my first NSX. It was a lightly modified 2003 Silverstone with 36k miles. I never had a single credit card and I never financed any of my cars, I always waited untill I can pay for things in full.

Last edited:
I was 15 when I started my local newspaper ad for fixing computers, I used my bicycle to move around and I had all my CDs in a backpack. I worked through high school and because I was doing very good I graduated earlier. I went to a community college(big mistake) and because I worked plus I moved on to fixing cellphones which made me more money I didn't have any loans, I actually saved a lot during that time. I got out of school after I turned 20 (I only did 2 of computer networking) and started my own cellphone repair shop just before my 21st birthday, 18 months later I paid cash for my first NSX. It was a lightly modified 2003 Silverstone with 36k miles. I never had a single credit card and I never financed any of my cars, I always waited untill I can pay for things in full.

such a inspiring story

- - - Updated - - -

i got my 92 gpw at 21

I'm 26, just got my first one last month; been saving since I was 16.

Are there any owners who are younger than their car? This is bound to happen more and more until eventually the My-car-is-older-than-me crowd becomes the majority.
If someone has already announced this, I missed it because I'm sleepy.
FWIW, I got my '91 in 2007. I was 41, and the car was 16. I wish I was 16 and the car was 41.

Are there any owners who are younger than their car? This is bound to happen more and more until eventually the My-car-is-older-than-me crowd becomes the majority.
If someone has already announced this, I missed it because I'm sleepy.
FWIW, I got my '91 in 2007. I was 41, and the car was 16. I wish I was 16 and the car was 41.
It'll be the case for me if I get an NA1. It'd be funny if I got a car that the factory produced the day I was born.

I bought my 95' nearly 10 years ago at the age of 19. I worked full time at a body shop/pizzeria and was in college full time as well. I had zero help from my family/any fortune but more-so bought/sold cars for years in order to get to that point... in addition to all of my saved pizza delivery money LOL. True story. I traded my pristine E36 95' M3 at the time plus a bunch of cash for the NSX, then started modding and upgrading ever since.

Best.story.!

I think this thread would be much shorter if the question was "who has paid off their car by what age?"

Me? I'm 52 and still live with my mom, and as you see by my sig, I own nothing. So really, I don't have much to contribute to this thread other than my only asset... sarcasm..

I think this thread would be much shorter if the question was "who has paid off their car by what age?"

Me? I'm 52 and still live with my mom, and as you see by my sig, I own nothing. So really, I don't have much to contribute to this thread other than my only asset... sarcasm..

Would you like to make a monthly contribution to my NSX fund? I can send you quartery updates with pictures and progress..

bravo. amazing story.

- - - Updated - - -

Took out some pension money ( can't take it with you ) .Purchased in 08 Age 55 yrs young.

From the other thread on the same topic...

I have owned my car since 19 bought and payed for by myself. My father held the car for two years before I had enough money to buy it. It was a goal I set for my self in High school. I bought and sold cars and fixed small engines. Worked my butt off fixing heavy equipment to get it. I don't plan on getting rid of it for anything. Its payed for why would I.:smile: Even won some prizes at local get togethers for being the youngest owner.

Bought my first NSX, a 1991, at age 40. The car was 9yrs old. Bought my current NSX-T, a 1996, 2 months ago at age 53. Paid cash for both.

Last edited:
Back