• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Attempt at the Top Speed...

Ditto re check engine!

Also did you see the gas needle drop a hair from 4th to 5th which took about 6 miles ;)

And don't you love the water needle at steady ....... :cool:

Did your camera capture the oil gauge?

ANYTIME said:
Nice! I notice 6 miles between them. Different times or same run?

John,

It took me a few attempts to get going that fast with no traffic. I don't like passing cars at lightspeed! I might try 6th, but need a camera man...I need both hands:)

J

Hrant said:
Ditto re check engine!

Also did you see the gas needle drop a hair from 4th to 5th which took about 6 miles ;)

And don't you love the water needle at steady ....... :cool:

Did your camera capture the oil gauge?

The check engine light comes around every once in awhile, NO CATS:) I swear you can watch the gas needle go down at that speed, nothing like getting 10 miles to the gallon on the highway!

Last edited:
it doesn't go anymore? something is wrong....how many bumper sticker do you have? get rid of some of them cuz it is weighing it down..:D

PoohBEAR said:
it doesn't go anymore? something is wrong....how many bumper sticker do you have? get rid of some of them cuz it is weighing it down..:D

I don't have any stickers and the NSX is actually about 225lbs lighter... it's a 6 speed so I had another gear to go:D

John McCain Racing said:
it's a 6 speed so I had another gear to go:D
Stop teasingggggggg....lets work it!!!!! shiftttttttt to 6 already!!!!! :D I need to move to Montana to do something like that!!! I hear that the speed limit there is veryyyy .....well, no limit?

I thought the top speed of the NSX was 165???? Is it 155?

My initial reaction was that your speedometer is wrong, because in 5th gear at 7500 RPM, I was at 163 MPH. I have a five-speed and the 4.55:1 R&P. I run a 285x35x18 tire in the back.

What size rear tire do you have and is your transmission stock?

jlindy said:
I thought the top speed of the NSX was 165???? Is it 155?

I'll say it again....my car has a 6 speed transmission and if you look at the top of the picture shows I was going "154mph" but it also says that I was in 5th gear if you read the post. I had another gear to go if I had no traffic ahead of me. I would also say much higher than 165mph...

AndyVecsey said:
My initial reaction was that your speedometer is wrong, because in 5th gear at 7500 RPM, I was at 163 MPH. I have a five-speed and the 4.55:1 R&P. I run a 285x35x18 tire in the back.

What size rear tire do you have and is your transmission stock?

Andy,

When I took the pictures the transmisson was a stock 1997 6 speed and I have 02 OEM tires. I just posted and I'm not sure if you noticed, I was in 5th gear not 6th. The Barnman is doing a OS Giken 4.4 LSD and Exedy clutch right now. I was hoping on my trip up to get a chance to top it out with the stock 4.06, but I never got the room. You really move along during a trip when attempting to do 180mph:D

John

Son,
When they catch you, they are going to put you so far back in jail that they will have to pump air to you.
An officer actually said that to me once...when I was younger and more foolish.

JPS Europa said:
Son,
When they catch you, they are going to put you so far back in jail that they will have to pump air to you.
An officer actually said that to me once...when I was younger and more foolish.

I'm not going to argue, but who are you calling son? It's not the smartest thing I've ever done for sure. I do try to keep it as safe as possible though. They haven't caught me and the probably won't. This is not a daily thing for me, fastest I've actually been on the ground. I had a Yamaha R6 before my NSX with a few tricks and never felt the need to go 150mph strapped to a missle. We only live once right, decide what's worth the risk to you...

Let's not be so defensive. I am sorry if I missed that it was a 6 speed. :rolleyes: I am also sure JPS Europa called you "son" as a reference to what an officer said to him when he was younger, and not a jab at you, so calm down and get the chip off your shoulder. :rolleyes:

jlindy said:
Let's not be so defensive. I am sorry if I missed that it was a 6 speed. :rolleyes: I am also sure JPS Europa called you "son" as a reference to what an officer said to him when he was younger, and not a jab at you, so calm down and get the chip off your shoulder. :rolleyes:

NO CHIP! I just seems that not everyone takes the time to read the entire post! I was just joking about the son thing:) I'm sure I could be JPS's son. I hear the same stuff from my dad all the time, but he also knows I'm safe while being not so safe...

My Friends.....

.....let's cool off with a community shower of Mobil 1. :D

Back