• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Attention NSXCA members. Please read here and chime in

So the due date for nominations is fast approaching (August 1st) and since it is time to change our regional representative, I wanted to see who out there was interested in it. The official position is South-Central NSXCA Representative. Our current representative is Zishan. He's done a pretty good job in the past couple of years but some of you may not have seen the fruits of his labor since he is located in Houston and our region encompasses Ok, La, Ms, Tx, and Ar.
The point of this thread is to see who is interested in becoming our next regional rep. Here are the duties associated with that position:

Regional Representatives: The regional representatives are the members' spokespeople to the Board of Directors. Each region will be responsible for assigning one regional representative from its regional membership to the Board of Directors. The regional representatives' responsibilities include, but are not limited to, presenting the regional meeting minutes and financial statements to the Board of Directors, notifying the Board of Directors about events and activities, maintaining close contact with the leadership of their region, bringing concerns of their members to the attention of the Board of Directors and communicating and enforcing club policies as they relate to the clubs' regions as specified by the Board of Directors. While not specified in the Bylaws, Regional Representatives are also responsible for administering the Regional Funds allocated by membership. This includes submitting requests and records to the national Treasurer.

Some of you may wonder what's the point of this position and NSXCA. Well, in Texas, we try to have a semi-annual meet called NSXtexpo (will only be 1 time this year) where it is probably the largest NSX meet in the region. NSXCA helps sponsor the meet with a little funding. Also, the rep will usually help coordinate meets. Based on the lack of threads in this subforum, it may seem like nothing is going on. Well, I hope things will change with a new rep. Keep in mind, NSXPrime is not related to NSXCA. Prime will allow NSXCA threads to be posted here.

Having said all of this, is there anyone who would like to step up for the position? Any comments?
Please post here.
thanks

Matt, I think you'd be great for that position. You obviously are in tune with the NSXCA and know the various NSCA members or NSX owners in Texas. If not, I'd be willing to help. However, my first thought is that the position would best be filled by someone from Texas (b/c of NSXtexpo).

Yes, please feel free to submit a nominee here if you'd like. The position is not daunting or time consuming.

It's been an honor holding this position and I look forward to continuing as part of the community.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me, and I will do my best to help.

Regards,
- Zishan

Well Matt, I was thinking you as well. PonyBoy 2nd'ed my thought.....whatcha say homeboy?? :biggrin:

Back