• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Attn: 97-02 NSX Owners

I think I am going to replace my twin-disc clutch with a single factory disc and I would like your opinions of the stock unit.

How is the pedal pressure?
How is the engagement?
How long has it lasted?
If you have owned/driven a 91-96, how does it feel in comparison?

Thanks!

------------------
91 Red/Ivory #2061

Pedal pressure - about the same
Engagement - much more solid.
Miles - 27k so far
I like it much better than the clutch in my 96.

I agree with above--I owned a '94 prior to my '97, and the clutches are very different w.r.t. driveability. Pressure is about the same, but engagement seems much easier to execute, with more margin for error (i.e. dropping rev's too low). I also do not get near the amount of shudder that I used to get (could be related to the age of the clutch--not sure).

I really like the single-disk--I'll be interested to read your comments once the change is done!

The parts to change to a single disk clutch is very expensive for what results you get.
The dual mass flywheel is used so that there is less chatter when engaging the clutch. I think I would stay with the stock type clutches

I have a 95 with the Comptech powergrip2 ,
I have a Comptech 6spd racing trans with the
4:55 and short gears, for those that are wondering. I literally just picked up my car
so it is still in the brake in period. 500 miles of slow and go. The clutch feels much
stiffer than before in terms of pedal feel, and it seems to engage very quickly. My left
calf is going to be larger than my right, but
it is not bad at all to me. Before I had a factory clutch with a ceramic disc, it was
much easier in terms of pedal feel.
I wish there was another alternative, I really had a problem giving someone 3k for a
clutch job.
JAO
Len.

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 10 August 2002).]

Back