• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Attn: BATMANs You're next car is up for auction

As I got older I realized that the first 2 movie batmobiles doesn't make any sense. The jet engine is in the front but the cockpit is placed right between the turbine and the exhaust. It seems impossible to have that layout if you ask me. Any jet mechanics here want to chime in on this?

As I got older I realized that the first 2 movie batmobiles doesn't make any sense. The jet engine is in the front but the cockpit is placed right between the turbine and the exhaust. It seems impossible to have that layout if you ask me. Any jet mechanics here want to chime in on this?

It's not totally impossible. You can direct the exhaust in any direction from a turbine outlet. Think Harrier jet's where the nozzle re-directs the turbine exhaust from horizontal to vertical for vertical take off. In theory the 1st and 2nd gen Batmobile could have redirected the exhaust around the cabin and re-header it back to the exhaust port in the back.

I figured that would be one possible scenario but it would seem very inefficient, and wouldn't that hot exhaust gas cook batman?

Actually there is surprising very little loss (at least compared to perception) in re-vectoring thrust from an engine. It's really not as bad as you would think.

As for heating up Batman, if you've ever driven a Dodge Viper (especially early gen), you'll know all about getting cooked in the cabin from exhaust gases flowing around the cabin. :smile:

Hey BATMAN is this your room? :biggrin:

307b229f-7020-4741-8728-abeda55dfe7e_thumb.jpeg

I figured that would be one possible scenario but it would seem very inefficient, and wouldn't that hot exhaust gas cook batman?
If you're stuck with just one jet engine then you either have to put it in front or back. So you have to ask yourself.. would you rather be sucked and shredded or burned up into a crisp?

EDIT: this site is boring w/o Bats.

If you're stuck with just one jet engine then you either have to put it in front or back. So you have to ask yourself.. would you rather be sucked and shredded or burned up into a crisp?

EDIT: this site is boring w/o Bats.

The excitement that bat brought was pretty predictable ,if you want real excitement take a look at http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146487

He got suspended? What did I miss?

He got suspended? What did I miss?

You just missed something like: My GTO kicked a (insert your sport car of choice)'s ass. Condolences to your (insert your supercharged or turbo charged NSX) since his NSX is the most powerful of all. My former FD will smoke your NSX. GTO this and GTO that.
Well, not much at all. Just a broken record.
I stopped crying about having spent so much money on my NSX when I could have bought a few GTOs.
Steve

You just missed something like: My GTO kicked a (insert your sport car of choice)'s ass. Condolences to your (insert your supercharged or turbo charged NSX) since his NSX is the most powerful of all. My former FD will smoke your NSX. GTO this and GTO that.
Well, not much at all. Just a broken record.
I stopped crying about having spent so much money on my NSX when I could have bought a few GTOs.
Steve

That's not all he said. It just happens to be what you remembered. You also missed his multiple Peter North, and his large dong and comparing it to his GTO references lol. But seriously it has been kinda quiet here without him. I do honestly miss him.

Haha, I've never met or talked to the guy but I'm sure you won't be suprised to find out he was the same back on the FD fourms. A few years after I sold the FD and bought my NSX I saw him pop up here. I thought I got rid of him with my FD. Lol.

It's funny to read his posts, though if I had to work with him that'd be a different story. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

I think he probably lives a secret double life. During day, a business man doing his job 9-5. But when the sun goes down, the black skin tight leather outfit comes out

Last edited:
I know how to see if he is suspended.

FD's suck! A garbage can with wheels. The, wish I was, wish I could, dreamer, wannabe car.

Now...if he's here, all you have to do is ... wait. Wait.:cool:
fudd%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
Dang Bats, how long are you grounded for?

Can Batsy come out and play?????

Fans and haters will have to wait until June.

And none of you have the answer of why yet! :cool:

Jack

damn that is a long ass vacation.

Fans and haters will have to wait until June.

And none of you have the answer of why yet! :cool:

Jack

My goodness all the way up till june. I had no idea you could be suspended that long. I better really watch what I post on prime geez.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I guess he pee'd in the wrong man's Cheerios.

I was thinking maybe ONE week, or two. Maybe a month.

Well if someone misses him, you know where he can be found:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130891

Which is these two places I think:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/nguyen-expresso-san-jose-2
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-quyen-san-jose

How about you start a new thread?

Batmans - "killed a bowl of cheerios last night!" :eek:

Gets 3-months for adding some controversial ingredient, (to the O's) thus making them unpalletable! :frown:

Jack

There is alot of controversial and a few unpalatable threads on prime. I know of one that even Yolanda isn't fond of and I don't even visit.

Back